New Pictures Indicator

yoyostockyoyostock Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited November 2, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I thought I had seen this question posted sometime before, but can't seem to find the thread...so I'll ask it again:

Is there any way for a viewer to look at a page and see that a gallery contains newly posted pictures? (Ex: Fotki shows "New" next to galleries that contain new pictures, I think, or maybe that's a indicator that the gallery itself is new).
Anyways, I post new pictures in newly created galleries, but also update current galleries on an ongoing basis. How would someone viewing the page know whether a certain gallery contains new pictures? (Apart from my letting them know that such and such gallery has been updated, or from them clicking through the galleries to see whether something has been added).

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    yoyostock wrote:
    I thought I had seen this question posted sometime before, but can't seem to find the thread...so I'll ask it again:

Is there any way for a viewer to look at a page and see that a gallery contains newly posted pictures? (Ex: Fotki shows "New" next to galleries that contain new pictures, I think, or maybe that's a indicator that the gallery itself is new).
    Anyways, I post new pictures in newly created galleries, but also update current galleries on an ongoing basis. How would someone viewing the page know whether a certain gallery contains new pictures? (Apart from my letting them know that such and such gallery has been updated, or from them clicking through the galleries to see whether something has been added).

Thanks!

Only if the gallery owner wants you to see this ... they set the "clean" option in customize gallery.

You can also encourage your visitors to use feeds.

I hope this helps.
  • yoyostockyoyostock Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    I see, got it. Thanks! I guess that would work too. For my purposes, I think what I'll do is just keep all the galleries "clean" and then reveal the update information for just those galleries that were recently updated. After about a week, I'll change back to clean mode. I think it would be a good idea if there was some sort of option where a recent update indicator could pop up for a gallery with new pictures added, stay active for about a week, and then automatically disappear.

Also, that update language can't be changed somehow can it? It now reads something like: "updated: Nov 02, 2005 5:39am PST" Is there anyway for us to change the wording?

On a separate note, thanks Andy for the reviews on the Crumpler bags and the Crucial CF card reader. I just got a 20D, my first DSLR, and needed a home for it. So, I ordered a 3 Million Dollar Home, which I believe will hold the 20D just by itself, as well as one of Crucial's CF reader. This is all getting pretty expensive.

andy wrote:
    Only if the gallery owner wants you to see this ... they set the "clean" option in customize gallery.

You can also encourage your visitors to use feeds.

I hope this helps.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    yoyostock wrote:
    I see, got it. Thanks! I guess that would work too. For my purposes, I think what I'll do is just keep all the galleries "clean" and then reveal the update information for just those galleries that were recently updated. After about a week, I'll change back to clean mode. I think it would be a good idea if there was some sort of option where a recent update indicator could pop up for a gallery with new pictures added, stay active for about a week, and then automatically disappear.

Also, that update language can't be changed somehow can it? It now reads something like: "updated: Nov 02, 2005 5:39am PST" Is there anyway for us to change the wording?

On a separate note, thanks Andy for the reviews on the Crumpler bags and the Crucial CF card reader. I just got a 20D, my first DSLR, and needed a home for it. So, I ordered a 3 Million Dollar Home, which I believe will hold the 20D just by itself, as well as one of Crucial's CF reader. This is all getting pretty expensive.

Happy to be of help. And, thanks for the suggestions :D