New to DGrin & Wedding pic critique (5 images)

fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited October 27, 2006 in Weddings
Hello! I'm pretty new here & thought I'd let you all critique some images from the wedding I did on the 21st. It's only my 2nd wedding by myself and I have a few "creative" things I was trying. These aren't my "best" pictures, but they are the ones I want feedback on! Thanks! Also- I'm not too sure if I have the whole posting images thing figured out so if they aren't here, please let me know!
105128788-S.jpg
105128808-S.jpg
105128841-S.jpg
(This one was through a small door-window while the bride & groom shared a few moments together after the ceremony.)
105128829-S.jpg
105129776-S.jpg
Thanks for your comments!

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    Ahhh absolutely beautiful. clap.gif
  • HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    I totally love #2. The others are very good too. You seem to know what you are doing so far :)
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    love love love the little girl shot!! JUST LOVE IT!!

I also like the collage a lot.......I LOVE doing collages!!

Very nice for you to share!! Thank you

Heather
  • Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Flower girl shot is great- I would like to see a larger version. Nice work.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

flickr

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    I really like the PP you did for #2, the gradual transition from color to B&W. I now have one more tool in my toolbox - hope you don't mind that I "steal" this idea from you.

For me, the stolen moment photo is the best and, of the ones here, I think the B&G will treasure it the most. It is such a tender and loving moment. I guess you can see that I just an old softee!

Very nice work. You can be proud!
  • JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    Hi,

Some great moments captured here... the little girl in the doorway is the tops.

Personally... and fashionably... the selective coloring is a bit "out". I find it distracting to the photos and think they would be best left as all b&w.

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    Very nicely done... the picture of the little girl at the door is greatclap.gif
  • DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    great shots!! i dont think the selective colors should be there on the first shot. i think it should be focusing on the couple, not the flowers
    http://www.derno.net
    Canon Rebel XT
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    Derno wrote:
    great shots!! i dont think the selective colors should be there on the first shot. i think it should be focusing on the couple, not the flowers
    Thanks for your input.I have this as an all B&W, but the B&G like selective coloring so I was trying a few for them. I personally agree that I like this one better as an all b&w! :)
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    fcorin13 wrote:
    but the B&G like selective coloring so I was trying a few for them.
    B&G's LOVE LOVE LOVE selective color pictures.....I constantly run into that (even when I don't want to do them)! I really like #1 but the color seems to bleed onto her arm instead of staying on the flowers. And #3 is a very sweet capture! Nice!thumb.gif