Dusk

2»

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    Great series man!

Thanks Cristobal! Hope is to create more artsy images like yours someday! Cheers!
  • Options
    PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks Mike! It is 'Anderson Lake' near Morgan Hill. Rest are from the Russian Ridge Open Space preserve, near Redwood City. There are multiple POVs around 'Anderson Lake' and since it is inland it is fog free. Russian Ridge however is a gamble. Fog can rush it at any time. Looking forward to see more of your shots! Cheers!

I was thinking this was from Lake Del Valle in Livermore. I go there frequently with my boys on camping trips and has a very similar feel. Thanks for the info on the locations. I'll have to check them out.

Mike
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!
  • Options
    AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2014
    #6 (similar to #5) is very interesting, especially after seeing #5 in color. Just for kicks, why not try an IR-style conversion, making the greenery significantly lighter than the sky?
    Photography is about what does not meet the eye
    Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    Damn ... they just keep on getting better. I am partial to #4 and #6. What is under the clouds.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    Damn ... they just keep on getting better. I am partial to #4 and #6. What is under the clouds.

Gary

Thanks Gary! Heartening for me! Stuff under the clouds is fog....occurs frequently......many times blinding....last two times I tried with my friend.....we got 0% visibility from same ridge full 2.5 hours before sunset. Cheers m8!
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    FABULOUS SET!!!! #'s 1, 3 & 5 are my favorites. I love the piece of wood in the foreground of #1, and the placement of the sun is PERFECT...slightly offcenter, but not jammed into the corner.

Love it!!!
  • Options
    FABULOUS SET!!!! #'s 1, 3 & 5 are my favorites. I love the piece of wood in the foreground of #1, and the placement of the sun is PERFECT...slightly offcenter, but not jammed into the corner.

Love it!!!

Thanks JBR! Much appreciate your inputs! Hope to see you post more! Cheers!
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks Gary! Heartening for me! Stuff under the clouds is fog....occurs frequently......many times blinding....last two times I tried with my friend.....we got 0% visibility from same ridge full 2.5 hours before sunset. Cheers m8!

I was wonder if it was the Pacific or maybe ... Fresno. Where were you and which way were you pointing (generally)?
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2014
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    I was wonder if it was the Pacific or maybe ... Fresno. Where were you and which way were you pointing (generally)?

You are correct, it is indeed Pacific, but covered by fog. I was on Russian Ridge trail (Russian Ridge Open Space Preserve) near Redwood City in Bay Area. I like this spot because with in a mile of hike you can get 360 degree views from 2.8K elevation. Ones posted here were taken from lower POV. I wanted to find a scenic spot where I could face West for sunset. Before the sun went out, it was too harsh and causing major glare no matter what i tried. But i noticed nice colors and ridge patterns in sort of south west direction, kind of avoiding glare. Ridges run all across, and I was using 70-200mm to pick apart nice portions of it. After fog ate up the sun, I could face westward.

Last 3 tries from this ridge, including last night have resulted in zero visibility fog. So maybe a few weeks from now would be better time to try. Its luck what light one catches. Cheers!
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2014
    Thanks. Next time I'm in San Francisco and I have some spare time ... maybe I'll check it out. Or maybe I'll just keep going and do some tasting in the Edna Valley.

Gary
    Unsharp at any Speed