Steve
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2014
    Like a painting! Love those kind of shots!clap.gif
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2014
    Love the reflection, which the algae wasn't in the pond; but what can you do? Nicely done.
  • Options
    LightMagicLightMagic Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2014
    Thanks everyone for you comments. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited September 14, 2014
    Very nice! Is that local to SJ? mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2014
    Thanks Joel. Not local, this was from Yorkshire England.
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2014
    een heel mooie opname.
    leuk die rimpeling in het water.
    grt,boco.
  • Options
    boco wrote: »
    een heel mooie opname.
    leuk die rimpeling in het water.
    grt,boco.

Bedankt voor uw reacties
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    My initial thoughts on this photo were very positive: There's great sky, there are great reflections, and I really like the horses.

But after looking at it for longer, I find that it's very busy and I have trouble finding a subject. There's a line a cross the center that divides the photo, then there's a lot going with the reflections, and there are horses; I can't decide what the subject really is.

I think there's huge potential with this photo, but I think it could be improved if there were a different crop somehow that helped the viewer know exactly what your subject is. Not criticizing as much as saying I think it could be better with the right crop that would end up clarifying what you're going for here. There's so much "good" in the photo otherwise it's overwhelming ;)
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    CatOne wrote: »
    My initial thoughts on this photo were very positive: There's great sky, there are great reflections, and I really like the horses.

But after looking at it for longer, I find that it's very busy and I have trouble finding a subject. There's a line a cross the center that divides the photo, then there's a lot going with the reflections, and there are horses; I can't decide what the subject really is.

I think there's huge potential with this photo, but I think it could be improved if there were a different crop somehow that helped the viewer know exactly what your subject is. Not criticizing as much as saying I think it could be better with the right crop that would end up clarifying what you're going for here. There's so much "good" in the photo otherwise it's overwhelming ;)

For me, "so much good" is what ties it all together! It is like a painting, or bit abstract, bit ethereal! I had the opposite affect on me. At first mind was bothered as it appears busy, but then the "so much good" emerges, and all the elements are soothing.......the clouds, the light blue sky, the gentile light, and horses at peace.....spread like a flower petals......even the line in the middle is not straight, it is interrupted by a tree and bushes add distortion and depth. Maybe if one horse was more prominent, then it would create the strong focal point, but the focal point here is spiritual - peace! JMO! Cheers!
  • Options
    CatOne wrote: »

C&C is always welcome and I thank you for it. Yes, I see your point about being busy. To me what attracted me to the picture when I took it was the sky - the real one and the reflection sandwiching the pasture and the horses, that is why it was cropped as it was. I'll take a look at this and the other shots I took at day there and see if there are other possibilities. Once again thanks for the comments.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Really nice image, colorful, and crisp with great white clouds.

Sam
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2014
    Gorgeous!

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    Sam wrote: »
    Really nice image, colorful, and crisp with great white clouds.

Sam

Thanks Sam.
  • Options
    Gorgeous!

Phil

Thanks Phil