Paid digital downloads feature for Power user level

anilkumardesaianilkumardesai Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited July 29, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hello -

I am looking for Paid digital downloads feature for Power user level. I wish there was Add-on features to just add "Digital Downloads" for Power users for some nominal amount.

I am just a freelance photographer with a Power Smugmug portfolio. I rarely get any paid photoshoots so my income from Photography is on an average $100 per month and so dont wan't to upgrade to Portfolio level just for this feature.
I have got one Concert photoshoot coming up in two weeks, so I wish I get this feature so whoever wishes can simply pay and download. I know those will not be interested in prints. :scratch

So Smugmug heroes, any luck for this Power but poor user? :dunno

www.desaiphotography.com

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 24, 2014
    I think you already know this isn't an option with a Power account. If you want to enable digital downloads directly through smug you will need to upgrade to at least the Portfolio level.

You could explore adding a paypal button to your site and fulfilling the download order yourself.

For simple cases this customization probably isn't needed, but you might want to check the thread Add a PayPal shopping cart to your SmugMug galleries.

You should also be aware that by allowing access to the Original images you are essentially allowing people to take your photos for free. I know, you have right click protection turned on. The name of that feature is unfortunate as it doesn't protect anything. If an image is shown in a browser it is sitting in the browser cache. It takes very little to grab it from there. You should consider changing the largest display site allowed in your galleries to anything smaller than Original.

From the smugmug help page at http://legacyhelp.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93274#protection:
    FYI: Right-click protection is a deterrent for image theft but it should not be considered fool-proof. To truly protect your images, lock galleries with a password or apply a watermark and disable your originals.

--- Denise
  • anilkumardesaianilkumardesai Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2014
    You could explore adding a paypal button to your site and fulfilling the download order yourself.

Thanks a lot Denise. You are always my savior. bowdown.gif Have followed the instructions, having some trouble so posted in that thread itself.

Thank you and keep up with your help especially for new smugmuggers like me. thumb.gif