Options

Few shots from the weekend

Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
edited February 6, 2015 in Wildlife
Went out into the cold winter and thought I was going to get nothing, in fact turned out o be a rather good shoot for the morning.

16420168975_231eb68091_b.jpg

16232516368_5b2e837b51_b.jpg

15799987033_63443540ef_b.jpg

16420035015_22201ffa23_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2015
    First two do look like taken in cold!
    #2 is fabulous!
  • Options
    The Lazy DestroyerThe Lazy Destroyer Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2015
    Great shots! I really like #3
    ____Motoception Photography____
    www.motoception.com
  • Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2015
    Great shots. Really like the Downy but what is in that tree? Looks like a pearl.
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2015
    These are wonderful Dennis. Unfortunately they have already been stolen and posted on the site visionxmobile.blogspot.com/2015/01

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    First two do look like taken in cold!
    #2 is fabulous!

It is cold -10C yesterday morning and my poor feet were cold up here in Toronto.

So you like the Cardinal, it posed here for a bit and than took off because of the dogs in the park.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2015
    Great shots! I really like #3

Thanks a bunch and glad that you like the Downy Woodpecker.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2015
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    These are wonderful Dennis. Unfortunately they have already been stolen and posted on the site visionxmobile.blogspot.com/2015/01

Thanks Jack for the nice comments and then those son of a guns stealing images is down right ridiculous. If I wanted to post my images on their site then fine, but to do this makes me some what mad. Thanks for the link, now lets see what I can do about this with them.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2015
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    Great shots. Really like the Downy but what is in that tree? Looks like a pearl.

Thanks Hunter and also glad you liked this one too. I never noticed that pearl look in the tree interesting and it does look like a pearl.
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2015
    Thanks Jack for the nice comments and then those son of a guns stealing images is down right ridiculous. If I wanted to post my images on their site then fine, but to do this makes me some what mad. Thanks for the link, now lets see what I can do about this with them.
    It is aggravating Dennis. They are actually vacuming up every post on Dgrin for the sole purpose of getting adverting revenue. We have a lively discussion on the in the "Mind your own business" thread in "Wide Angle" Some of us are taking action by posting in the "Other Cool Shots" forum. If enough of us take action we may be able to cause advertisers to avoid this site. I have emailed several advertisers that I have done business with not to expect any further purchases from me.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2015
    beautiful beautiful shots.. really fantastic. Thanks. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2015
    It is aggravating Dennis. They are actually vacuming up every post on Dgrin for the sole purpose of getting adverting revenue. We have a lively discussion on the in the "Mind your own business" thread in "Wide Angle" Some of us are taking action by posting in the "Other Cool Shots" forum. If enough of us take action we may be able to cause advertisers to avoid this site. I have emailed several advertisers that I have done business with not to expect any further purchases from me.

Jack, It is and I hate sites that do this, or anyone that steals images from others. I was looking into reporting this site and wanted to make sure that before I proceed to contact this sites provider that I had the correct site. I went to the area that you mentioned and seen that this has been some what resolved at this stage. A simple of fix of turning off the RSS feeds was a good find and something that I'll keep in mind if this happens to my site. Thanks for the information that this happened to my images and hope this puts a stop to image theft.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2015
    lynnma wrote: »
    beautiful beautiful shots.. really fantastic. Thanks. clap.gif

Glad that you liked these images, and thank you for the nice kind words.