Cuba - a few of my favorite shots

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited September 22, 2009 in Landscapes
I went to Cuba two weeks ago for the first time in my life. What an experience. I thought I share a few of my favorite landscape shots here. I also posted a thread on the Journeys forum with more shots and details about the trip. You can see it here.

Enjoy and C&C welcome:

655554567_SJzy4-XL.jpg

656087552_ZLhXi-XL.jpg

656086541_qoeci-XL.jpg

656088779_Bm6VU-XL.jpg

656090080_MTzKg-XL.jpg

656092720_qoYsR-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    Nice series.
    Favorite is the fourth shot. Great use of a leading line to draw the eye in.
    I like that these are different views of Cuba than I was anticipating.
    I would suggest a tighter crop for 5 (lose more of the water) and of 2 (the foreground is too bare and draws away from the background).
    Off to Journeys to see the rest.
    E
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    eoren1 wrote:
    Nice series.
    Favorite is the fourth shot. Great use of a leading line to draw the eye in.
    I like that these are different views of Cuba than I was anticipating.
    I would suggest a tighter crop for 5 (lose more of the water) and of 2 (the foreground is too bare and draws away from the background).
    Off to Journeys to see the rest.
    E

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed them. Yeah... I also like the fourth shot a lot. It captures two of the most famous landmards of Havana: The Seawall of El Malecon and Castillo El Morro, the fort in the background.

Thanks for the tips on 5 and 2. I will try the crops you suggest to see how they look.

- Alex

My Smug Site
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    I especially enjoy number 5! I can imagine it was quite an experience!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    Beautiful shots. Great skies, and interesting comps. I left a note on your thread in journeys too. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    kdog wrote:
    Beautiful shots. Great skies, and interesting comps. I left a note on your thread in journeys too. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks Joel for the kudos. I am quite please with the photos I captured while in Cuba. It was such an experience being there, meeting my family for the first time and seeing places where my parents grew up that I only knew before from stories.

My Smug Site