lightroom - archiving photos

wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
edited November 29, 2007 in Finishing School
xin chao (hello),

i am currently traveling and have 6 more months of travel and my hard drive is full so I have a question. How to I "remove" photos from my lightroom catalog so that i can "add more" photos to my catalog? That may not have made sense so let me explain a little more in detail my situation.

i have about 7,000 photos in my lightroom catalog from this trip (the only photos I have in lightroom are from this trip - my other photos are on external hard drives in the states). i have gone through these 7,000 photos and rejected then removed from my laptop the "bad" photos. I also flagged about 1,000 that I would maybe want to work with later. that leaves me with about "6,000" photos which are probably rejects. i shoot in raw so myh file sizes are large and i am not going to switch to JPG.

I would like to "move" the 6,000 unflagged photos and put them on an external hard drive that i have with me or onto DVDs. I am not sure how to do this. is there a way to select my unflagged photos and "move" them to another location? or maybe i should just delete the photos because i will probably shoot another 10,000 photos before the trip is over and out of 17,000 maybe only a few will be "moneyshots".

any suggestions??????

cheers,

Dave
(currently in vietnam)