Moving plugins to new computer?

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited August 16, 2009 in Finishing School
I just bought a new Big MAC!! yay! I have been successful in moving PS and Lightroom to the new computer via network transfer from the old MAC but having trouble with getting the plugins and all the fonts I downloaded installed and to showup in PS. Can anyone help?:dunno
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Thanks anyway...but figured it out!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Glad that you figured it out!

I am not sure what the age difference was between your old and new computer but here is what I do.

I use the program SuperDuper. It makes a bootable clone of your hard drive. When I bought my new computer I booted up from the clone then did a restore on the new computer. My new computer started up and worked exactly like my old one except it had a lot more "horsepower".

Plus, I always have a clone in case my hard drive fails I can just boot up and be able to work until I can replaced the failed one.

After losing 2 years of kids photos I am now a huge fan of backups!

Just a thought for future reference.

Mike
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook