Options

copied link feature not working correctly

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited December 19, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Discovered this one today. I was trying to copy a link from one of my albums (yes sharing is permitted and settings have not changed) to dgrin challenge board. I clicked on the appropriate link button that says 'copy' (under the share menu) and the little 'copied' button shows to indicate it is on my clipboard. When I go to add it to the add image icon pop up on dgrin, it pastes the last thing before I copied before going to my album and picking the image. It did not copy it after several tries.

So I highlighted the url and then did a right click and copy and that seems to work. To be sure it wasn't a fluke I tried it again doing a mock test run. Again I can only copy if I highlight the url and right click.

I used this feature two days ago and it worked fine then.:scratch

Comments

• Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2011
    JAG wrote: »
    Discovered this one today. I was trying to copy a link from one of my albums (yes sharing is permitted and settings have not changed) to dgrin challenge board. I clicked on the appropriate link button that says 'copy' (under the share menu) and the little 'copied' button shows to indicate it is on my clipboard. When I go to add it to the add image icon pop up on dgrin, it pastes the last thing before I copied before going to my album and picking the image. It did not copy it after several tries.

So I highlighted the url and then did a right click and copy and that seems to work. To be sure it wasn't a fluke I tried it again doing a mock test run. Again I can only copy if I highlight the url and right click.

I used this feature two days ago and it worked fine then.headscratch.gif

Sorry to hear it's giving you a rough time. I just tried it using FF7 / Mac and it seemed to work just fine for me. Try clearing your clipboard and see if that helps. There might be some information backed up in there that is causing the copy/paste function to not work correctly.

Also, are you using a supported system?

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 16, 2011
    I use windows 7 on a 64 based system, with IE9 and everything is up to being a supported system for years and gets updated often. Like I said, it was working a couple days ago and not this afternoon. However I just did a test run again this evening and it seems to be working again. Maybe it was a glitch. I did not change anything on my computer to get it to work again. Hopefully not something that will repeat again. thanks anyway!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2011
    What IE9 version do you use? The 32 bit or 64 bit version? Make sure to use the 32bit version of IE9 (it's the one in the start menu that doesn't include 64bit in its name).
    The copy buttons use Flash and while Flash might be available on 64bit IE nowadays, I don't think it's a combination we support.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero