Options

I few more shots of my "Little Flea"

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited October 20, 2014 in People
My family's nickname for our daughter is "Pulguita", which literally means little flea. They starting calling her that because she was so tiny as a toddler. I still call her Flea or Little Flea sometimes. We also called Liv, Livy, Livy-Lou and Chinita. HAHA. She's a girl of many names.

Here are a few more photos I snapped of her. She wanted some for her FB profile so how could I resist the opportunity. It's amazing how fast life goes by. I still remember holding her in one arm with her little head in the palm of my hand. :lust

14948722763_e66dc23320_b.jpg

Olivia - 1 by Alex Sotelo, on Flickr

15382746538_39f359cf59_b.jpg

Olivia - 2 by Alex Sotelo, on Flickr

14948145944_71f853cd32_b.jpg

Olivia - 3 by Alex Sotelo, on Flickr

15569739152_0d46125f88_b.jpg

Olivia - 4 by Alex Sotelo, on Flickr
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2014
    Here's the problem: if I say what I really think I'm either going to sound like a cyberstalker or a gushing crazy person.

So I'll stick with: that's one gorgeous girl in some beautifully executed photos thumb.gif
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    divamum wrote: »
    Here's the problem: if I say what I really think I'm either going to sound like a cyberstalker or a gushing crazy person.

So I'll stick with: that's one gorgeous girl in some beautifully executed photos thumb.gif

This made me Laughing.gif. Thank you for the laugh and the compliment. I keep telling her she needs to get an agent. She should get paid to have her photo taken.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    Love the real smile in #2. The lighting is fantastic across the board (obviously). Number three should be her profile pic though. To keep the boys at bay. lol

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014

I'm going with this since I would also get the title of "dirty old man" that Diva won't.

Beautiful images and I assume she got her looks from mom.rolleyes1.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2014

r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    Love the real smile in #2. The lighting is fantastic across the board (obviously). Number three should be her profile pic though. To keep the boys at bay. lol

Thanks! I also love number 2. I had just made her laugh. This was a half second after. thumb.gif So very natural. There were times that I wish it were that easy to keep the boys away but I came to terms with it a long time ago. She's always been one of those gals that get along with boys more than girls. She would tell me about her friends "Dad, they think I'm one of the guys." I'd laugh and explain that boys will settle to be friends if thats all they can get but only because they think there will still be a chance. HAHA.

That said, she's got her mom's temper and she was trained in martial arts so she's more than capable of warding off the boys. Actually, when she was 15, she got us in a little bit of trouble when she broke a 22 year old guys nose at a fast food joint after school. According to her, he was harassing her so she punched him in the nose. Guy actually had to have surgery and he pressed charges. We went to court and everything. He eventually dropped the charges. I guess having your nose broken by a 98 lb. 15 year old girl was too embarrassing to admit in public.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2014
    Bilsen wrote: »
    I'm going with this since I would also get the title of "dirty old man" that Diva won't.

Beautiful images and I assume she got her looks from mom.rolleyes1.gif

HAHA. You'd think she did right? And everyone always comments how she looks like her mother. But she actually resembles me more than her mother. I'll try to dig up one of my photos from when I was around 11 or 12, before I developed my chiseled, manly features rolleyes1.gif so you can see for yourself.

Of course, all of her "refining traits" are from her mom. It's kind of like the stuff she got from me was her in RAW format and then her mom's features where add in Post. HAHAHAHA :D

My Smug Site
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014

That said, she's got her mom's temper and she was trained in martial arts so she's more than capable of warding off the boys. Actually, when she was 15, she got us in a little bit of trouble when she broke a 22 year old guys nose at a fast food joint after school. According to her, he was harassing her so she punched him in the nose. Guy actually had to have surgery and he pressed charges. We went to court and everything. He eventually dropped the charges. I guess having your nose broken by a 98 lb. 15 year old girl was too embarrassing to admit in public.
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2014
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

It's a great story now but I'll tell you, I lost a lot of sleep over it at the time. We were expecting to be sued by the guy. Glad it kind of just went away.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    Wow...all extremely lovely. I tried to pick one I think is best, but they are all just really great!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain