Options

Could I have done better and what?

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited October 19, 2014 in People
Hi all,
I always have with me a small compact camera in my jacket for those occassions you really want to take a shot and you could not bring your big gun. That means no flash (I do not use the small compact one), no reflectors, no studio.

One day at work a little "monster" visited us in the office and I wantes to try some shots. As the little lady is around 10-11 months old, no posing (actually she was crawling non stop) was possible nor to control that much the lighting.

Below are some shots that I liked but still I wanted to discuss with you if you see "mistakes" that perhaps I can avoid (given my limitations with my small camera).

Which one you like the best?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help
Regards
Alex

i-nGpV222-L.jpg

i-QhdVTTp-L.jpg

i-fZqNwPm-L.jpg

i-FXdczfQ-L.jpg

i-XgvFpNq-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2014
    I think you did a very nice job capturing this little fellows images. I like #3 the best.

If you have a way to adjust the images I would raise the left slider in the levels adjustment to give it a bit more punch. Digital files are very flat in their contrast and benefit from the levels adjustment of about up to 10. With busy backgrounds I would try to find a better one or use more of a wide aperture to blur the background so it is not as distracting from your subject.

I like that you got down to the fellows level as opposed to the higher camera angle of an adult. Keep posting.
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2014
    Hi,
    thanks for your very useful input. I am not sure though of what the levels adjustment of 10 is. In lightroom the most relevant should be curves. I added +10 to highlights and lights and -10 to shadows and darks. This is what I have now

i-3FtMg6V-L.jpg

i-BVM7KFq-L.jpg

i-T2N9JPr-L.jpg

i-dsFJ3jF-L.jpg

i-f4dfrvM-L.jpg