Food photographers opinions needed! Cake shot! :D

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited November 14, 2006 in Technique
This is a shot of a peach cake, and I would like to know the opinion of people that does this part of the food photography, thank you.

C&C Welcome.

IMG_7347 compressed.jpg

Byron M.
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 14, 2006
    The idea is good. I like the angle and composition but the shot is completely out of focus.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited November 14, 2006
    Backlighting can be interesting, but it seems like you would want more light on the part of the cake facing the viewer also.ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    Backlighting can be interesting, but it seems like you would want more light on the part of the cake facing the viewer also.ne_nau.gif
    Yes pathfinder, I thought of that light on the front face of the cake but I realized that that shadow helped a little bit. About the backlight, I had no big thing for illuminating my cake, but yes, that would be great for the image.

Sorry for the resolution of the image, I compressed it with the image viewer, and the dreamy effect became out of focus image, sorry :(

Thanks for the comments :D

Byron M.
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth