e-mail issus on Mac Lion

huthphotohuthphoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 29, 2012 in Bug Reporting
I've only seen one other Smugger post about this. I'm a pro and have upload via email enabled.
http://huthphoto.smugmug.com/Other/Email/21615734_7cTnWD#!i=1737906937&k=QfhCxbg
is the gallery

I've uploaded there in the past fine via email on my Mac.
I'm on the latest Lion build 10.7.3
Using Apple Mail
I've done the email to the same address with the same password in the subject line in all cases.

Mail will not upload no matter what I do now (worked in the past)
Sending from iPhone to the same location/password works instantly
Sending from a web email client the exact same image that didn't work in mail (so same size, etc) works fine
Sending from a similar computer a very small file doesn't work (also on same build of Lion and Mail)

I'm thinking that emailing from Lion Mail isn't working for me at least... is it working for anyone else OK?

Comments

• WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience! We are aware that some folks have trouble, but we have trouble replicating this behavior sometimes and we're doing our best to investigate and find whatever is causing the mischief.

For now, if it's possible for you to upload via email from a webmail address, hopefully we'll have this worked out soon. :)

Take care,
    Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • huthphotohuthphoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2012
    Thanks Wendee. At least I know it's a known issue. If you hear of other mail clients beyond Apple Mail on Lion that don't work, please post, so I know who can and can't upload via email to my gallery.

cheers,
    Ken
    Wendee wrote: »
    Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience! We are aware that some folks have trouble, but we have trouble replicating this behavior sometimes and we're doing our best to investigate and find whatever is causing the mischief.

For now, if it's possible for you to upload via email from a webmail address, hopefully we'll have this worked out soon. :)

Take care,
    Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • wenmeiwenmei Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 25, 2012
    Just wondering if there's been any updates to this issue? I'm trying to set up a system for my students to upload photos to a gallery on my account using email, and I run into the same issues as huthphoto. It works with webmail (Yahoo) but not with my Apple mail client. I can't require students to use webmail, so I really need to find a fix or a workaround! I've tried creating a form which sends the files to a webmail address, which then forwards to my email gallery, but that's acting the same way as the Apple mail client (i.e. it creates the Email gallery but no photos are uploaded).

Thanks!
    ~ Wenmei
  • Str8aeroStr8aero Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    I have been having the same problem for the past several weeks. I can send the exact same photo (or group of photos) from my Windows system (Win7 64 bit using Outlook 2007) and the upload happens immediately. But sending from Mac Mail (Lion 10.7.3) nothing happens - photos don't show up on SmugMug and I get no replies or errors (like email undeliverable) back in my inbox. I've tried little files and big files same results... Both my Mac and Windows system are configured to use the same mail accounts (icloud and gmail - both imap).
    This is a problem as we want to use the email upload facility to allow our camera club members to upload photos to our SmugMug Camera Club site. Some can, others can't.
    Note - another camera club member uses MSN - Windows Live for email, and he too cannot send uploads via email into our SmugMug site:
    http://bjnccameraclub.smugmug.com/
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Str8aero wrote: »
    I have been having the same problem for the past several weeks. I can send the exact same photo (or group of photos) from my Windows system (Win7 64 bit using Outlook 2007) and the upload happens immediately. But sending from Mac Mail (Lion 10.7.3) nothing happens - photos don't show up on SmugMug and I get no replies or errors (like email undeliverable) back in my inbox. I've tried little files and big files same results... Both my Mac and Windows system are configured to use the same mail accounts (icloud and gmail - both imap).
    This is a problem as we want to use the email upload facility to allow our camera club members to upload photos to our SmugMug Camera Club site. Some can, others can't.
    Note - another camera club member uses MSN - Windows Live for email, and he too cannot send uploads via email into our SmugMug site:
    http://bjnccameraclub.smugmug.com/
    I've bugged the issue about Apple Mail and sent to our engineers.

The Window Live issue, I'm unable to replicate. I'm able to upload with Windows Live via web client. If you send using the same email address via Apple mail, then there is fail ..
    edited April 9, 2012
    richW - thanks for the reply. Note the friend that uses Windows Live is not a Mac/Apple user, but he has not yet had a successful transmission uploading to SmugMug. Is there any more info I should get from him as to what/how he is sending?
  • internet-marketinginternet-marketing Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2012
    I was also facing a similar problem on my mac.
    edited April 27, 2012
    richW wrote: »
    I've bugged the issue about Apple Mail and sent to our engineers.

The Window Live issue, I'm unable to replicate. I'm able to upload with Windows Live via web client. If you send using the same email address via Apple mail, then there is fail ..

Wondering if there has been any progress on this - we are at a standstill on rolling out our camera club SmugMug website without this feature working reliably! One of our members uses Mac Mail with a POP account and has no problems, but those of us using IMAP on Mac Mail cannot send photos.
    Would appreciate a fix! Thanks Rick
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    I can assure you that the issue is reported and hasn't been forgotten about. While I wish I could give you some sort of timeline, I can't say when our engineers will be able to resolve the issue. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero