Night Of The Blue Moon

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited August 3, 2004 in Wildlife
http://gingersnap.smugmug.com/gallery/181562/1

6869790-L.jpg

This is the walkway to the beach that we took the night of the blue moon. We stayed until way after dark. Through clouds that, we thought, had stolen our encounter with the moon, to the parting of the clouds. That I was not prepared for photographically, but there were many beautiful things that happened before the gods sent us the moon. The moon, by the way, was bigger than any moon I have ever seen. Perhaps the atmosphere of the clouds contributed to that.

I have put the photos that I really like on my smugmug site. The address is at the top here. I will try to move some down here, but it will be a slow process, if it even happens.

Please go see my pictures at the site above.

The first page, or so, I treated in post as usual. In levels, I darkened them a bit for the pop. When I looked last night, something looked wrong, the pictures were not very interesting to me. I thought they might be too dark.

I went through, kind of like an assembly line, until the end at 5 o'clock this AM, and I went through, in post, redoing the pictures I had previously done and doing some others. So if you wade through the first page or two, I think the pictures get better.

The "event" was very contrasty by nature of the light that night, the wave action and whatever. So my job was to make them less contrasty, rather than more. That was how I saw it. I did not straighten photos, I tried to pick the photos that did not need straightening.

I would hope you would enjoy this site, it is our night with the blue moon. I lived, for almost a year, front beach, a few houses down from where we were the other night. It is a beautiful area. Of course, it is Sullivan's Island, SC.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments