Face book Video links

agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited January 27, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Can't get video links to work on Facebook. I go to the share button and get a link for FB and post it in FB. It shows everything like its going to play the video, than you hit the play button and it goes to a white screen.
Any ideas????

Comments

• agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2014
    Here is my FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/senior.beck

Should be the top video. See if it works for you. It doesn't work for me.
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2014
    Hi,

Can you please email the help desk and include a link to the video on your SmugMug site in the email. Email help@smugmug.com please. It will be easier for us to help you from the help desk.
  • dberthiadberthia Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2015
    Did you ever get to the bottom this? I'm seeing the same behavior trying to open my SmugMug video link from Facebook. The Javascript console indicates some type of cross domain scripting issue.
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2015
    I noticed the same behavior. To be more specific, it's when I post a lightbox link. I don't think FB interfaces with the code for lightbox. (Assuming.)

Viewer has to click the link (gallery title link) that goes along with the image on FB, and the navigate to the video to play it.

Because of how disconcerting it is: viewer clicks to play video and gets a white screen, I think it's best not to post lightbox links at all. This means no video links to FB... unless there's another way to post a clickable link (if there is, please let us know).
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2015
    There's currently an issue with the video playback directly on Facebook, which may result in a white screen. The only option right now is to click on the link and then play the video form the SmugMug gallery. Therefore, for the time being, I would advise to remove the preview image for any video link you post on Facebook as the video can't be directly played on Facebook.
    I'm sorry for any hassle.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • dberthiadberthia Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2015
    That's a downright horrible user experience if you have to explain what to click on. Is this going to be fixed?
  • TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2015
    We hope that it will be fixed but for the time being the work around Sebastian gave is what can be used when posting videos.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero