the dgrin game - post your comments here!

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Whoa! OK, I give up. An insect in a funhouse mirror?

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

@Richard said:

Whoa! OK, I give up. An insect in a funhouse mirror?

Hahaha! Just an ordinary rose with a mirror split.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@JAG said:

The light is wonderful in this photo!

@denisegoldberg said:

@JAG said:

The light is wonderful in this photo!

Thank you!
    Yes, it was perfect lighting at that moment. The sun was beaming through heavy forest directly into the lily. This image was taken exactly with the same camera settings only it was 20 seconds earlier! Amazing how the light had changed so quickly!

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:

Great! I recognise Fontevraud B)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited May 21, 2017

These are amazing birds Jorgen, love the photo!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

@denisegoldberg said:

These are amazing birds Jorgen, love the photo!

Many thanks Denise :)

Jørgen, can you explain the association between

this:

and this:

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli said:
    Jørgen, can you explain the association between ...

Yes. Because your text to the first photo came before the photo I got the impression that your photo had something to do with Firenze. But if you want a more legitimate association: The hands and the relationsship between the persons in your photo form a bridge :) . I have some qualities that could make me a great politician in the US :D

OK, I understand now, no my photo was above the entrance of the Paulus church in Antwerp.

And pls. don't become an American politician, we're much better off here when you are a Danish photographer.

Or to say it differently: "be yourself, there are enough others" ;)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
    edited July 2, 2017

@JAG said:

Hi Joyce. I don't get that ad "genuine fake watches". In EU both seller and buyer will be fined to poverty if caught in violating producer's right. When and where is the photo taken? To me it could be Greece.

@Jørgen_Bjerring
    Hi Jørgen, I have seen (and photographed) this sign in Turkey, which isn't EU... you only get in trouble if you get caught coming back into the EU with any of these "real fake" goods.

@sarasphotos said:
    @Jørgen_Bjerring
    Hi Jørgen, I have seen (and photographed) this sign in Turkey, which isn't EU... you only get in trouble if you get caught coming back into the EU with any of these "real fake" goods.

Thanks for the information. I think the ad has to be removed :D if Turkey ever become a member of EU. Due to the political situation that will not be tomorrow.

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@JAG said:

Hi Joyce. I don't get that ad "genuine fake watches". In EU both seller and buyer will be fined to poverty if caught in violating producer's right. When and where is the photo taken? To me it could be Greece.

I took this picture because of the ironic of the sign. Sara is correct, it indeed was Ephesus Turkey where this was shot back in 2011. I thought that at least they were being honest about what they were selling. However in a unfortunate way for the real watch makers.

@JAG said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@JAG said:

I took this picture because of the ironic of the sign. Sara is correct, it indeed was Ephesus Turkey where this was shot back in 2011. I thought that at least they were being honest about what they were selling. However in a unfortunate way for the real watch makers.

In this context I imagine that the producers don't regard honesty as a quality :D

edited July 3, 2017

In Shanghai you have the same problem walking around. Plenty of shady looking men offering you 10 $ Rolex watches :o

When you say you're interested they ask: "Too expensive?" My standard response is then "No, too cheap!" which most opf them don't understand >:)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli said:
    In Shanghai you have the same problem walking around. Plenty of shady looking men offering you 10 $ Rolex watches :o

When you say you're interested they ask: "Too expensive?" My standard response is then "No, too cheap!" which most opf them don't understand >:)

I think you can find those types all over the world even in EU - but they don't advertise. The speciel in Turkey seem to be that you apparently are free to advertise about your violation of rights, that is protected in the West.

edited July 3, 2017

@JAG said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@JAG said:

I took this picture because of the ironic of the sign. Sara is correct, it indeed was **Ephesus Turkey **where this was shot back in 2011. I thought that at least they were being honest about what they were selling. However in a unfortunate way for the real watch makers.

Funny, because the picture I have is also from Ephesus... December 2010

@sarasphotos said:

@JAG said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@JAG said:

I took this picture because of the ironic of the sign. Sara is correct, it indeed was **Ephesus Turkey **where this was shot back in 2011. I thought that at least they were being honest about what they were selling. However in a unfortunate way for the real watch makers.

Funny, because the picture I have is also from Ephesus... December 2010

As far as I have seen in traveling over 30+ countries, Ephesus is the only place that advertises genuine fake watches!

edited July 20, 2017

@Jørgen_Bjerring - The text on the sign goes: Textures & patterns of the 20th century. What is it? A kind of open land museum?

Actually, I was in Vancouver at a tavel agent convention when I was in my hotel room at the Sheraton, and there was a loud explosion that happened. As shot from my hotel room window, this was part of a set created that night for the movie Nautilus ( I never saw the movie but I think it had something to do with Godzilla?), which was directed by Gareth Edwards in June of 2013.

Here Gareth Edwards, the director, is the guy in the middle.

Here is an article written about that time:
    http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/movies/movie-crews-keeping-busy-on-vancouver-island-1.96634

@JAG said: ...

Highly interesting. Many thanks for info.

@pegelli , you totally have me stumped on the association between these two images! Please explain!

@JAG said:
    @pegelli , you totally have me stumped on the association between these two images! Please explain!

Me too.

• lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

Looks like it follows the bottom of the prior page. Last time I did that I got lucky & it matched anyway!

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/

@lkbart said:
    Looks like it follows the bottom of the prior page.

Yeah, that makes sense.

edited July 31, 2017

@Richard said:

@JAG said:

Me too.

Yup, lkbart figured it out. Look at the bottom of page 724 and it makes perfect sense :/

Now corrected with something a bit more "logical"

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli, I didn't even think to look back a page! Happens to the best of us! I've done that before too.

@JAG said:
    Chessboard pattern ...

Next?????

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@JAG said:
    Chessboard pattern ...

Next?????

Answered on the never ending challenge discussion thread over on the challenge board. Sorry.