Banner & Slideshow Disappeared

lisac19lisac19 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited October 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just went to my site and discovered my banner & slideshow are missing. Any ideas?

Comments

• lisac19lisac19 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Forgot to put website info..OOps
    campbellphotos.smugmug.com
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    lisac19 wrote:
    campbellphotos.smugmug.com

I think you have an unclosed DIV tag in your bio customization or perhaps in your header. Since I can't see the actual code you put in your BIO or header area (only how Smugmug combines it with everything else into your page), it's a little hard for me to tell exactly what the error is, but I think if you look in your bio and/or header area and make absolutely sure that for every <div> tag there is a corresponding </div> tag, I think you will find and fix the problem.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    lisac19 wrote:
    I just went to my site and discovered my banner & slideshow are missing. Any ideas?
    This link in your banner CSS does not work, if it has a key you need to
    add it. Also make sure external links are on in its gallery.

http://Campbellphotos.smugmug.com/photos/123136251_xxxxx-O.png

You need to add the filter for IE to work with png's.
    Generic code example.
    #my_banner {
       width: [COLOR=red]750[/COLOR]px;
       height: [COLOR=red]100[/COLOR]px;
       margin: 0 auto;
       background: url([COLOR=red]/photos/xxxxxxxx_xxxxx-O.png[/COLOR]) no-repeat;
      _background: none;
      _filter:progid[B]:[/B]DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader (enabled=true,
       sizingmethod=image, src='/[COLOR=red]photos/xxxxxxxx_xxxxx-O.png[/COLOR]');
    }

When I remove your splash photo the show runs. Make sure external links
    are on in its gallery.

splash: '/photos/254770353_nnhdL-L.jpg',
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • juliannejulianne Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    My banner's gone and page changed
    Since I shut my computer down last night it seems my banner has disappeared. I just want the site back that I had last night! I was finally making progress towards something I like and now it's changed.

I tried changing themes around as I think it was the last thing I may have done to a few galleries yesterday noticing it blocked my banner out on some pages? Could that be the problem?

thanks in advance.

juliannewarll.smugmug.com
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    julianne wrote:
    Since I shut my computer down last night it seems my banner has disappeared. I just want the site back that I had last night! I was finally making progress towards something I like and now it's changed.

I tried changing themes around as I think it was the last thing I may have done to a few galleries yesterday noticing it blocked my banner out on some pages? Could that be the problem?

thanks in advance.

juliannewarll.smugmug.com
    Must be using IE, shows in Firefox. Add a space between ) and no-repeat.
    ....5uEG-O.gif)spaceno-repeat; .....

#my_banner {
    width:750px;
    height: 150px;
    background: url(]http://juliannewarll.smugmug.com/photos/381332313_P5uEG-O.gif)no-repeat; }
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited October 1, 2008
    still no banner
    Thank you for the feedback but, it doesn't seem to be solving the problem. My banner actually came back yesterday after writing for help (Murphy's Law) but then again this morning seems to be off somewhere again. All I know is I don't see it on any of my pages....so weird. Any other suggestions?

Allen wrote:
    Must be using IE, shows in Firefox. Add a space between ) and no-repeat.
    ....5uEG-O.gif)spaceno-repeat; .....

#my_banner {
    width:750px;
    height: 150px;
    background: url(]http://juliannewarll.smugmug.com/photos/381332313_P5uEG-O.gif)no-repeat; }
    edited October 1, 2008
    julianne wrote:
    Thank you for the feedback but, it doesn't seem to be solving the problem. My banner actually came back yesterday after writing for help (Murphy's Law) but then again this morning seems to be off somewhere again. All I know is I don't see it on any of my pages....so weird. Any other suggestions?

http://juliannewarll.smugmug.com/photos/381332313_P5uEG-O.gif is not accessible. Either you don't have originals enabled for that gallery or you don't have external links enabled for it. It will sometimes work for you because it can sometimes be in your browser cache. It will never work for us.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited October 1, 2008
    still trying
    Hmmmm, I looked in a few places and can't seem to find where in the gallery I can choose external links originals to enable them....I'll keep looking...
    jfriend wrote:
    http://juliannewarll.smugmug.com/photos/381332313_P5uEG-O.gif is not accessible. Either you don't have originals enabled for that gallery or you don't have external links enabled for it. It will sometimes work for you because it can sometimes be in your browser cache. It will never work for us.
    edited October 1, 2008
    julianne wrote:
    Hmmmm, I looked in a few places and can't seem to find where in the gallery I can choose external links originals to enable them....I'll keep looking...

Both external links and originals are in this part of the gallery customization screen. Make sure external links are set to Yes and Largest Size is set to Original.

384640759_AVshf-O.jpg
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited October 2, 2008
    still no go
    I have those set and the banner still seems to appear only when it feels like it. any others ideas?

thanks,

Juli-Anne
    edited October 2, 2008
    julianne wrote:
    I have those set and the banner still seems to appear only when it feels like it. any others ideas?

thanks,

Juli-Anne

Have you hidden it? Is the gallery password protected? Post a link to the gallery and I'll see if I can see it in the gallery. The things that can block if from appearing are:
    • password protected gallery
    • external links off
    • size limited
    • image hidden in the gallery
    It does not appear to be a size blocking issue because I can't see any size.
    --John
    HomepagePopular