Options

7D2 10fps

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited January 9, 2015 in Cameras
The validity of this spec has been in question, even by the venerable Gary Fong himself, so another photographer took a sequence of a stopwatch app to prove it:

timestamp2.jpg

As a 7D2 owner and former 7D and 1D2N owner myself, I believe I am getting 10fps too, but I haven't tried this yet.
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    MichaelBeattieMichaelBeattie Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 27, 2014
    I am getting 10 FPS when I use the camera in manual, anti-flicker is off, and recording RAW to a CF card. I was able to take 20 pictures in 2 seconds.
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2014
    I am getting 10 FPS when I use the camera in manual, anti-flicker is off, and recording RAW to a CF card. I was able to take 20 pictures in 2 seconds.

10 fps will get you some nice action sequence shots
    (and rack up the shutter count)
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2015
    Brett1000 wrote: »
    10 fps will get you some nice action sequence shots
    (and rack up the shutter count)

Who cares about shutter count? If it means you get the one shot where you can see a basketball players face taking a jumper vs having his arms in front of his face, it's worth it.

Shutter replacements only run about $300 from CPS and just mark it down as the cost of doing business. Granted it would be nice if the shutter was like the 1Dx and ran 450k cycles but can't have everything.
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2015

Shutter replacements only run about $300 from CPS and just mark it down as the cost of doing business. .

I would think by now someone would invent a high FPS electronic shutter that wouldn't need replacing