Options

Watermark removal

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited September 15, 2015 in SmugMug Support
AGAIN: :bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash

I can't figure out how to remove my watermark from two images in a new "Event Photography" gallery.

When I am in the organize menu I can access the Watermark remove tool, save, done. When viewing the large image from the organize area there is no watermark.

When I access the the "Event Photography" gallery from my home page the thumbnails do not show any watermarks, but if i click to enlarge the image or run the slide show the watermarks are back!

This should be one minute job!

What the heck is wrong???????

http://www.samlinvillephotography.com/Portfolio/Event-Photography/

Sam

I reloaded the page, deleted the Smugmug cookie, and rebooted my computer. No change

I just got a link for one of the images in the gallery and posted it to a forum and the watermark is not showing on the forum.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited May 22, 2015
    Try clearing your browser cache or looking at the pic from a different browser. Reloading generally doesn't do anything for me in FF because of the cache, though that should also affect the image in a different forum as the image URL would likely be the same. headscratch.gif Post a link here so we can take a look.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2015
    Update:

After talking to Josh, following his instructions and consulting with a Shaman via satellite phone from deep with in the Amazon jungle, one dead chicken, thee newt eyes, one owl beak, and a healthy transfer of funds, all seems to be working. :D

Sam
  • Options
    SalmonographerSalmonographer Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 11, 2015
    Never knew there was a watermark remove tool until I saw this thread! I deselected watermarks in the gallery settings but they would not go away until now. Rather a convoluted system.
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2015
    If i want to check how my site does look like for a visitor i always user CTRL+SHIFT+P in FireFox to open a new "Private session". This is much easier then to always clear the cache or reload the page all time. This way i even do not have to logout from smugmug...

Just in case someone has the same issue with the watermarks and finds this old thread useful ;-)
  • Options
    The Lazy DestroyerThe Lazy Destroyer Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2015
    Never knew there was a watermark remove tool until I saw this thread! I deselected watermarks in the gallery settings but they would not go away until now. Rather a convoluted system.
    I have to say "thanks" for bumping this thread, I never realized there was a watermark tool within the Organizer.
    I had been simply turning off the watermark via gallery settings which usually works although takes an awful long time to see the change (maybe its my browser cache settings, not sure).
    I'll try this method next time I need to scrub the 'marks off the pics. thumb.gif
    ____Motoception Photography____
    www.motoception.com