Options

Sub Menu links not working

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited March 5, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I have a folder named Portfolio. Inside it I have different galleries. From my menu, I have Porfolio and hovering over it will fly out the different galleries in it.

So now inside this Portfolio folder I added a new folder Special Events and put several galleries inside that.

What I want to see is if I hover on the menu item Porfolio it will display the galleries inside it as it did before, but now I want it to show Special Events, which it does, but when I hover over Special Events I wanted it to fly out more to list the galleries inside Special Events. I assumed setting sub links on would allow this to occur.

i-KSBrZJ3-M.jpg

i-Gg2tP9P-M.jpg

i-ZhxLMbp-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited March 1, 2015
    Sub Menu links not working
    I have a folder named Portfolio. Inside it I have different galleries. From my menu, I have Porfolio and hovering over it will fly out the different galleries in it.

So now inside this Portfolio folder I added a new folder Special Events and put several galleries inside that.

What I want to see is if I hover on the menu item Porfolio it will display the galleries inside it as it did before, but now I want it to show Special Events, which it does, but when I hover over Special Events I wanted it to fly out more to list the galleries inside Special Events. I assumed setting sub links on would allow this to occur.

i-KSBrZJ3-M.jpg

i-Gg2tP9P-M.jpg

i-ZhxLMbp-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2015
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited March 4, 2015
    mrhoni wrote: »
    Anyone?
    I see a flyout menu from special events. I tried on Firefox, Chrome, and IE - it shows on all three browsers for me.

Are you having a problem on all browsers?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2015
    I shouldn't have did the last post because right after I decided to just create links for each gallery and put them under Portfolio and then put Special Events under the Portfolio and added links to each of those galleries and nested those under Special Events.

Portfolio is a folder and Special Events is a folder within Portfolio. I assumed that there would be a flyout from Portfolio and when hovering over Special Events there would have also been a Flyout there. That is what I assumed, which didn't seem to work. Thus I ended up building all the links and nesting them.

What I would like is if a person clicked on Special Events that it didn't take them to a page that showed the 6 galleries, but rather did nothing. I know I can accomplish this if I end up changing Special Events to be a custom URL with nothing in it AND then create links for each of the 6 galleries and then nesting them with Special Events. Wished I didn't have to do it that way.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited March 5, 2015
    mrhoni wrote: »
    ...Portfolio is a folder and Special Events is a folder within Portfolio. I assumed that there would be a flyout from Portfolio and when hovering over Special Events there would have also been a Flyout there. That is what I assumed, which didn't seem to work. Thus I ended up building all the links and nesting them.
    Menu entries are not automatic; they need to be built.

--- Denise