Unlisted Label not Showing on Galleries

TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited February 28, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a result of the new listed/unlisted/private and visible/not visible change, but I couldn't find it anywhere if it is.

Until this morning, is I had a gallery that was unlisted or private, the word "Unlisted" or "Private" appeared on the gallery - allowing me to easily see at a glance the privacy status of each gallery. Now none of those labels are showing. It doesn't look like the gallery privacy setting has changed (when I log in from a different browser or private window the unlisted and private galleries are not seen), however it's a real pain that I can't see at a glance that the privacy setting is correct.

Am I missing something here? A new setting that hides or unhides the gallery privacy settings?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Scott
Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2015
    All these show on my site.

Accessible by Anyone with the Link and Password
    Accessible by Anyone with the Link
    Accessible by Anyone with the Password
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2015
    Thanks Allen! Maybe I wasn't explaining as well as I should. In the setting area I can still see all those options and change any gallery to any privacy setting.

However, previously the "feature photo" for a gallery (the photo I would click on to access the gallery) had the word "Unlisted" or "Private" in very light letters across the feature photo - allowing me to see when a gallery was set to anything other than public. Those letters are now gone - the settings are still there but the labels on the feature photos are no longer visible.

Sorry for the confusion.

Come visit me at...

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited February 27, 2015
    Trasmc wrote: »
    However, previously the "feature photo" for a gallery (the photo I would click on to access the gallery) had the word "Unlisted" or "Private" in very light letters across the feature photo - allowing me to see when a gallery was set to anything other than public. Those letters are now gone - the settings are still there but the labels on the feature photos are no longer visible.
    When I am logged in to my site and open a folder that contains galleries that are set to other than Public, I still see an indication across the photo.

Are you missing the indicator in all browsers or just one?

--- Denise
    edited February 27, 2015
    I've tried in Chrome and Firefox - both are missing the labels. Thanks for your help! I'll try quitting the browsers and restarting the mac in a few minutes and see if that helps - not sure why it would, but it's worth a try. I'll reply below to let you know if it was helpful.

Come visit me at...

edited February 27, 2015
    OK, I quit and restarted the browsers, and also tried on a totally different computer - still don't have any labels.

Any ideas?

Come visit me at...

edited February 28, 2015
    Trasmc wrote: »
    OK, I quit and restarted the browsers, and also tried on a totally different computer - still don't have any labels.

Any ideas?
    Noticed the icon is hidden on folders and galleries thumbs. I think you hid them with CSS and I
    think it probably includes the "unlisted" and "private" words.

Or maybe not because the big boxed "unlisted" still shows in my folders for galleries.
    edited February 28, 2015
    Check your CSS, probably something removing the words.

Copy the text in CSS box starting with "entire site" and paste into notepad or other pure text editor.
    Delete that CSS. Save, check folder for the words.
    If words show up one of the rules in that box is causing it.
    If still not seen, paste copied CSS back in "entire site".

Repeat for "all folders", theme, etc.

This is the div for that message like "unlisted".
    unlisted
    edited February 28, 2015
    Thanks Allen, I've removed all CSS (that I am able to find) and it's the labels still don't appear. I've pasted below all the CSS on my entire site and where it's located.

ENTIRE SITE CSS:
    .sm-fonticon:after{display:none}.sm-tile-keywords{display:none}.sm-button.sm-button-image-download:after{content:" Download"!important}.sm-tiles-grid ul li a p{font-size:125%!important;color:#fff!important;font-weight:700!important;font:megrim!important}

HOMEPAGE CSS:
    /*Changes BSP Characteristics*/
    .sm-page-widget-logo-text.sm-page-widget-logo-m {font-size:350%!important;font-weight:700!important}

/*Changes brick street photos Characteristics*/
    .sm-page-widget-logo-subtext.sm-page-widget-logo-m {font-size:120%!important;font-weight:500!important}

/*Changes look inside Characteristics*/
    .sm-page-widget-nav-toplink {font-size:100%!important;font-weight:500!important}

/*
    * Instead of vertically centering portrait images within their tiles (a 50% shift downwards), only
    * shift these by 25% in order to have a better chance of keeping people's heads in the frame.
    */
    .sm-page-widget-galleries .sm-tiles-center-image img.sm-tile-limit-width.sm-tile-portrait,
    .sm-page-widget-nodes .sm-tiles-center-image img.sm-tile-limit-width.sm-tile-portrait,
    .sm-page-widget-pages .sm-tiles-center-image img.sm-tile-limit-width.sm-tile-portrait,
    .sm-page-widget-folders .sm-tiles-center-image img.sm-tile-limit-width.sm-tile-portrait {
    top: 25%;
    -webkit-transform: translate(0,-25%);
    -moz-transform: translate(0,-25%);
    -ms-transform: translate(0,-25%);
    -o-transform: translate(0,-25%);
    -webkit-transform: translate(0,-25%);
    transform: translate(0,-25%);
    }

Thanks again for your help - any other thoughts? I won't be able to check back in until tomorrow on this - so I'll reply then. Thanks!

Come visit me at...

edited February 28, 2015
    Only you logged in can see something like the "unlisted" label on the featured photo in a folder. If you go into
    Organizer the labels will be there also. So other then pointing out to you ways to investigate it's almost impossible
    to troubleshoot not logged in. I think you're going to have to contact the help desk.
    edited February 28, 2015
    OK - thanks again for your help Allen!

Come visit me at...