Smart Gallery is not reading keywords correctly

androidtandroidt Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited February 20, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I upload all of my pictures to a gallery called "Portfolio". I then have smart galleries set up to populate photos from the "Portfolio" gallery based on keywords. For example, all the photos taken in Yellowstone Park have the keyword "yellowstone national park" and uploaded to the "Portfolio" gallery and are then populated into a smart gallery called "Yellowstone National Park". There is one photo that refuses to populate into the yellowstone smart gallery even though the keyword is listed below the photo. I have even removed the photo from smugmug and then uploaded it again. Still the problem persists. Any idea what is causing this problem?
Thanks, Andrew

Comments

• TheMaxxTheMaxx Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2015
    Hi Andrew,

I checked on the keywords listed for the photo you're referring to and found that there are more than our 30-keyword limit for each photo. Because of this, "yellowstone national park" was not indexed by our search engine. Reduce the number of keywords to 30 or less and you'll be all set. Give the new change a few minutes to get indexed.
    _Chadd
    SmugMug Support Hero

Help Center - http://help.smugmug.com/
  • androidtandroidt Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2015
    Thanks Chadd. I didn't know there was a 30 keyword limit. Looks like I've got a lot of keyword editing to do :)