Options

Keywords in pasword protected site.

richardthuerichardthue Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 27, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I use SmugMug as a pure family site.

The site setting is "make this an island" and I use a site viewing pasword.

I have lots of keywords that I want visitors to see. When I activate password on site, these keywords invisible to visitors. Without pasword keywords are visible. How can I make keywords visible when the site is pasword protected?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2015
    See if they show on the /keyword link.

I don't think they will show under photos unless logged in.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2015
    My site is public. I have all my family photos under one top folder/category. That folder has a password and it
    applies to all folders, pages and galleries below it. I do not put a PW on anything below, leave PW blank, and
    the PW flows down. Also everything below is set fully public with the PW blocking visitors.

Just checked:
    Logged off, on my /keyword page all the PW's show from these passworded galleries. The passwords do not show under
    photos in the galleries unless logged in, I see no reason why this couldn't be enabled logged out.

Looks like entering the password, not logged in, not only do all the keywords from these "same password"
    galleries show on the /keyword page but the search works. I can combine multiple family names for search
    and see photos with those in it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    richardthuerichardthue Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 23, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    See if they show on the /keyword link.

I don't think they will show under photos unless logged in.

If Site or folder or gallery has no pasword protection, then keywords shows under each photo when not loged in. With pasword, keywords are invisible. I do not want family to log in. I just want them to wiew photos in a pasword protected site. And be able til klick on a keyword finding other pictures contaning same keyword. I can't see any resason why keywords should be hidden.

Searching works just fine.
  • Options
    rrlymanrrlyman Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2015
    Allen, you are a genius!!!