New Guy... Mass Folder Upload(Mac)? Filename?

sprynmrsprynmr Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited February 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hey guys...

Switching over from Menalto's Gallery 2 on my own slow server to new speedy smugmug!

I'm excited to get going, but I need a little help.

If I create one folder, and inside it a bunch of sub folders with images in them... can I upload them so that they create a bunch of separate galleries?

I really don't won't to upload them folder by folder, but I don't want to upload them all to the same gallery and sort them later (one by one.)

Oh and I'm on a mac. What's a guy to do?

Next question... is there anyway to maintain the filename on a photo even after I add a caption? Aside from copying and pasting it? On occasion a friend might IM me a photo to print for them, and I will look up the high quality version on my own computer, but if it doesn't show a filename it would be a pain to look up. What's a guy to do?

Last question... any way for a visitor to download a full gallery?

Thanks guys,
Robert

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    sprynmr wrote:
    Hey guys...

Switching over from Menalto's Gallery 2 on my own slow server to new speedy smugmug!

I'm excited to get going, but I need a little help.

If I create one folder, and inside it a bunch of sub folders with images in them... can I upload them so that they create a bunch of separate galleries?

I really don't won't to upload them folder by folder, but I don't want to upload them all to the same gallery and sort them later (one by one.)

Oh and I'm on a mac. What's a guy to do?

Next question... is there anyway to maintain the filename on a photo even after I add a caption? Aside from copying and pasting it? On occasion a friend might IM me a photo to print for them, and I will look up the high quality version on my own computer, but if it doesn't show a filename it would be a pain to look up. What's a guy to do?

Last question... any way for a visitor to download a full gallery?

Thanks guys,
    Robert

Hi and welcome to SmugMug and Dgrin!

You might look at PictureSync, one of the 3rd party hacks available.

http://holocore.com/?PictureSync

With our mac uploader, you upload to one gallery at a time.
  • sprynmrsprynmr Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi and welcome to SmugMug and Dgrin!

You might look at PictureSync, one of the 3rd party hacks available.

http://holocore.com/?PictureSync

With our mac uploader, you upload to one gallery at a time.

Yea I don't get PictureSync... I don't understand how you choose which albums you want pictures to go into. The help files aren't very... helpful. If anyone could point out to me how that works I would appreciate it.

When is mac uploader 2 coming out?

Bob