How much to charge for photo albums?

SingChildSingChild Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited October 2, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I have a really hard time to set prices on different services and products! now i know a few clients are interested in buying photo albums, i have one wedding coming up where i am sure they want the best album possible, and then i took pictures of a baptism where the client wants to purchase an album as well...

i have been looking around online and found quite a few labs that offer different options from magazine style albums with thin pages you would see in a fancy magazine to flush mount albums with different cover options, thick durable pages and a wide variety of sizes.

now the magazine style is considerably cheaper than the flush mounts and i have no idea how to price either of them right.

does anybody have some guidence on how to set prices for that kind of product? do you charge a markup percentage on top of the final product price the lab charges or do you charge a design fee per page, or should i charge for each picture that is used in the album? do you charge the same amount for upgrade options(cover materials, cut-outs, imprinting) as the lab charges, or do you charge more for that as well?:dunno

i feel a little, or actually a lot lost when it comes to pricing and i have no idea how to handle this one... so if anybody sells a lot of these and has some ideas to share.. please help:bow

Comments