What size photo's to load?

ejg1890ejg1890 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited May 9, 2010 in SmugMug Support
As of yet I don't have a SmugMug account, but I am considering it. I know photos are available for sale from the site. Curious as to how that works: What size photo do I load? The full size (8x11 or more)? Generally what is the cost of the photo? And how is it split between SmugMug and the photographer?

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    Upload your original sized files. Cropping is done in the cart. You, as the pro, can re-adjust crops in proof delay.

If a print costs $1 - and you sell for $11, there's $10 in profit: 8.50 for you and 1.50 for us.

More: http://smugmug.com/pro

Hope this helps!
  • ejg1890ejg1890 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Upload your original sized files. Cropping is done in the cart. You, as the pro, can re-adjust crops in proof delay.

Thanks for the quick reply. So I assume the person making the purchase will complete the crop to the desired size at the time of purchase - correct?
    Andy wrote: »
    If a print costs $1 - and you sell for $11, there's $10 in profit: 8.50 for you and 1.50 for us.

So its the photographer who sets the price rather than SmugMug? I had assumed all prints were the same based on SmugMug.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    ejg1890 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply. So I assume the person making the purchase will complete the crop to the desired size at the time of purchase - correct?

So its the photographer who sets the price rather than SmugMug? I had assumed all prints were the same based on SmugMug.
    For standard and power accounts, yes.
    For Pros, you set the price deal.gif