Eye-Fi Pro Card, available now.

1235»

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    gillat wrote: »
    What did I tell you guys? That the world is moving to SD? No one listened to me :-)

Yes, the 5DmkIII is beautifully Eye-Fi Connected, and so is the new D800 & D800E. Also, all the SONY DSLR's, etc...

http://support.eye.fi/about-eye-fi-connected-cameras/

On the 5DmkIII, you can also see which images and videos have been uploaded, in Play mode, by looking for the Eye-Fi watermark, over the images... :-)

clap.gif thanks! Just ordered a Pro X2, Ziv :D
  • pmaxwellpmaxwell Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2012
    tried the Pro X2 this weekend. I little slow on the upload, but not unreasonable for the file size. I like the auto upload to smugmug. Looks like I'll be using a bit more storage on SM going forward.
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2012
    I read this entire thread, researched it and bought one. It is quite possibly the most finicky thing that I have in my bag. When it does work which is not often, it is very slow. All I really wanted was to be able to shoot "tethered" without using a wifi network - no cloud storage, no automatic uploads, just a simple transfer of jpg's to get a look on the laptop screen. I have a windows laptop that is a speed demon and D7000's and honestly can't make the Eye-Fi Pro work at all in a consistent manner. I am disappointed and off to buy a cable and research tethering software...
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2012
    I have a D7000 and an eye-fi card and, though I don't use it often, I don't have any trouble when I do. The card is connected to my home network and I put it in the second SD slot in the D7000. I set the camera to put RAW files on the first card and jpegs on the second. When I wander around the house taking pictures they are automatically transferred to my computer via the eye-fi software.
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    I got that to work on the home network. I could never get it to work directly and most of the places that I want tethering for are not within range of a wifi network. It seems to be targeted to both using a wifi network (rather than direct connect) and to almost insisting that the photo's go online. That is another aggravation - I don't really want the RAW images floating around online. I was (am) looking for a simple wireless direct connection to my laptop in the field and this does not appear to be the right product.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited June 12, 2012
    I see that the Canon Digital Rebel T4i/650D is certified for Eye-Fi wireless cards. thumb.gifclap
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2012
    Quick question about EyeFi cards that might apply specifically to the pro models, or anything in the product line: can you have multiple EyeFi cards upload to the same computer? Can you specify any file renaming options so that each camera produces a file that is uniquely attributed to that camera?

I'm trying to achieve a goal where multiple cameras are triggered simultaneously, the photos they all take are wirelessly sent to the same place, and then its easy to identify which photo came from which camera after the fact.
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
    edited October 3, 2012
    I see that Eye-Fi now offers 2 versions of the Pro X2 card; the former with 8GB storage, Class 6 speed and lower cost, and a new card with 16GB storage, Class 10 speed, at the $99.99 pricing.

http://www.eye.fi/company/press-releases

http://www.eye.fi/products/prox2
    ziggy53
    edited May 22, 2013
    On the NASDAQ site (in a video interview), "Eye-Fi CEO, Matt DiMaria, talks about capturing and transferring digital images in a flash."

http://www.nasdaq.com/video/eye-fi-makes-digital-memories-a-snap-517788207
    ziggy53
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited December 2, 2013
    Can any eye-fi users out there help me? I tried my eye-fi card for the first time today. I had my camera set to RAW+JPG, and set eye-fi to transfer the JPG files to my tablet. That worked great. Now I am trying to transfer the raws off the eye-fi card into my PC and failing miserably. I've tried my internal card reader, an external card reader, and the little orange eye-fi USB adapter, and none work. Or possibly the problem is that data the data is transferring at an incredibly slow rate. For example when attempting to import in Lightroom, I spent around 10 minutes just waiting for about 20 previews of the card to show up. When I started the transfer, I waited for several minutes and not one file was downloaded off the card. It appears that the card is completely dead. I tried it on my laptop, and same problem. In fact the laptop told me the card needed to be formatted(!). I put the card back into my camera to verify there are still pictures on it, and they appear just fine. I'm totally stumped. Anyone?

Edit: Ok, I've determined that the raws actually are being transferred at a snails pace of 1 RAW file every 5 minutes. So barring any catastrophes, I may be able to salvage my pictures.

But, am I incorrect in thinking you can simply pop the eyefi card out of your camera, put it in a card reader and upload your pictures to your PC just like any other card?
  • grainhappygrainhappy Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 26, 2014
    Love the eye-fi
    Just got the Eye-Fi a few days ago and I'm loving it already. Well, I originally got the mobi because I thought all the cards were relatively the same, then got the Pro 16gb X2 so that I could do selective transfer. Worked like a charm today with the 5dmkiii and iPhone 5s. Took maybe 30 seconds tops to transfer but I've seen it transfer in 4-5 seconds. !!
    edited March 13, 2015
    Eyefi Mobi Pro - adding RAW wireless transfer

http://www.eyefi.com/company/press-releases/eyefi-introduces-eyefi-mobi-pro-the-most-powerful-wifi-sd-card-ever

"The most advanced WiFi SD card for image transfer
    Simple and fast to set up, Mobi Pro provides photographers with unequaled power and flexibility when capturing images.
    • Selective transfer. Gives photographers control over which images transfer from their camera to their mobile device or to their computer for editing, sharing and syncing.
    • Wireless RAW & JPEG file transfer. Fast, wireless transfer of both RAW and JPEG give photographers the flexibility to work the way they want using the tools they want. Send JPEG images to your mobile device for instant preview, quick editing and sharing with others. Send RAW files directly to desktop for post-processing with tools such as Adobe Lightroom.
    • Infrastructure and direct mode network support. Images are securely and automatically transferred whether shooting on location, at home or in a studio. Away from home, Mobi Pro creates its own WiFi hotspot to enable instant transfer. At home, Mobi Pro connects to a local network to transfer images at high speeds.

Integrated apps and services speed workflow
    Every Eyefi Mobi and Mobi Pro WiFi SD card includes fully integrated mobile and desktop apps that work from the moment of capture, speed workflow and make it easy to find and access photos anytime, anywhere. With the launch of Mobi Pro, powerful new capabilities have been added to Eyefi Cloud and apps.
    • Instant image compare. Advanced photo visualization tools let photographers quickly compare photos and view detailed image data such as shutter speed and aperture settings (EXIF data) to further enjoy their images and improve their skills.
    • Pictures in your pocket. Eyefi mobile apps work with Eyefi Cloud to intelligently retain original resolution images while rendering the best image for the viewing device. As a result, photographers can enjoy their entire photo collection on all their devices at any time. With Eyefi photo-uploading, photographers can even add all their computer-stored photos to their collection and enjoy them on any device.
    • Intelligent image categorization. Eyefi Cloud uses advanced image analysis to automatically classify images for instant organization, sharing and search by category. In addition to basic date, time and geo locations, images are automatically identified by subject area such as food, indoor, outdoor and dozens of other attributes making it fast and easy to find photos.

Pricing and availability
    Mobi Pro is available worldwide through online and specialty retailers as well as at www.eyefi.com/go/mobipro. Priced at $99.99 the card comes with 1 full year of membership to Eyefi Cloud with unlimited syncing and storage — a $49.99 value."
    ziggy53
  • chasgroh2chasgroh2 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Eyefi Mobi Pro - adding RAW wireless transfer

http://www.eyefi.com/company/press-releases/eyefi-introduces-eyefi-mobi-pro-the-most-powerful-wifi-sd-card-ever

"The most advanced WiFi SD card for image transfer
    Simple and fast to set up, Mobi Pro provides photographers with unequaled power and flexibility when capturing images.
    • Selective transfer. Gives photographers control over which images transfer from their camera to their mobile device or to their computer for editing, sharing and syncing.
    • Wireless RAW & JPEG file transfer. Fast, wireless transfer of both RAW and JPEG give photographers the flexibility to work the way they want using the tools they want. Send JPEG images to your mobile device for instant preview, quick editing and sharing with others. Send RAW files directly to desktop for post-processing with tools such as Adobe Lightroom.
    • Infrastructure and direct mode network support. Images are securely and automatically transferred whether shooting on location, at home or in a studio. Away from home, Mobi Pro creates its own WiFi hotspot to enable instant transfer. At home, Mobi Pro connects to a local network to transfer images at high speeds.

Integrated apps and services speed workflow
    Every Eyefi Mobi and Mobi Pro WiFi SD card includes fully integrated mobile and desktop apps that work from the moment of capture, speed workflow and make it easy to find and access photos anytime, anywhere. With the launch of Mobi Pro, powerful new capabilities have been added to Eyefi Cloud and apps.
    • Instant image compare. Advanced photo visualization tools let photographers quickly compare photos and view detailed image data such as shutter speed and aperture settings (EXIF data) to further enjoy their images and improve their skills.
    • Pictures in your pocket. Eyefi mobile apps work with Eyefi Cloud to intelligently retain original resolution images while rendering the best image for the viewing device. As a result, photographers can enjoy their entire photo collection on all their devices at any time. With Eyefi photo-uploading, photographers can even add all their computer-stored photos to their collection and enjoy them on any device.
    • Intelligent image categorization. Eyefi Cloud uses advanced image analysis to automatically classify images for instant organization, sharing and search by category. In addition to basic date, time and geo locations, images are automatically identified by subject area such as food, indoor, outdoor and dozens of other attributes making it fast and easy to find photos.

Pricing and availability
    Mobi Pro is available worldwide through online and specialty retailers as well as at www.eyefi.com/go/mobipro. Priced at $99.99 the card comes with 1 full year of membership to Eyefi Cloud with unlimited syncing and storage — a $49.99 value."

...have you ran this one, Ziggy? I'm looking, but need some speed, or at least reasonable...started shooting some product and, although LR tether is OK, it won't save to the camera's card and I want to generate another backup...
    Charlie Groh
    (tin can tied to the bumper)
    edited March 20, 2015
    chasgroh2 wrote: »
    ...have you ran this one, Ziggy? I'm looking, but need some speed, or at least reasonable...started shooting some product and, although LR tether is OK, it won't save to the camera's card and I want to generate another backup...

No, I've not tried any of the Eye-Fi products personally. You might find the following review helpful:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2478172,00.asp
    ziggy53
  • NMPhotoNMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 5, 2015
    I picked up the 32GB Mobi Pro a few weeks back and just want to say that I am very happy with its performance so far. It is really nice to be able to show people instantly a few of the preview photos on my Iphone+ Screen on location. It is getting some negative reviews on amazon, but I think that is mostly due to people not taking the time to set it up properly to pair between the camera and phone.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited April 5, 2015
    I'm now using an 8GB Mobi and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I shoot with dual-card cameras. My RAW images are stored on a "real" card, and I send medium JPGs to the Mobi for previewing on a tablet. Clients love this. I just wish it were quicker. Even the medium JPGs are frustratingly slow to transfer.