Options

Bogue Inlet Fishing Peir, Emerald Isle, NC

PhotophiliaPhotophilia Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 12, 2011 in Landscapes
Looking to share and learn from all the great photographers here. This photo was taken about 3 in the afternoon and processed some in Lightroom. It is my first attempt at a beach landscape.
C&C welcome. Thanks in advance.
Amy

1.1244850375_6GK7a-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JimW396JimW396 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Very nice shot. I love the saturation levels...just right. The composition is outstanding and the reflection of the pier in the water and the sand just add to it. The only criticism I can come up with is that you didn't post more shots! :-)
  • Options
    BrucheBruche Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Spectacular shot! I Love it....

Bruce
  • Options
    Nasser RadiNasser Radi Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    it is your first attempt, but it is very great
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2011
    Thanks
    JimW396 wrote: »
    Very nice shot. I love the saturation levels...just right. The composition is outstanding and the reflection of the pier in the water and the sand just add to it. The only criticism I can come up with is that you didn't post more shots! :-)

Thank you for the compliments. I am an amateur, so I am trying to learn more everyday. Dgrin is a wonderful place to do just that. Jim, I checked out your smugmug of Water Island Photos. You have some really breathtaking shots. Great job working the light in your images. You've motivated me to try some sunrises and sunsets. :)

Amy
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    i agree... this is a very well composed shot with just the right saturation and contrast. the colors are gorgeous... very nicely done!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    this looks like a great spot. try a eve or morning shot if possible to catch the sweet light. Nice color btw
  • Options
    oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Very attractive photo. You will get some great support here and never be scared to ask any questions. We are all here to help each other. You have a good eye for composition and i like your choice of subject.

Regards
    Patrick:D
  • Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Hi Amy,

Great photo! I always keep the horizon straight, especially when the sea is involved (I live on a boat, need it straight :-) I was thinking that maybe the pier wouldn't look good when this photo is straightened but I checked it and think it's okay... check it out!

What lens/settings did you use?

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2011
    Thanks again
    DeVerm wrote: »
    Hi Amy,

Great photo! I always keep the horizon straight, especially when the sea is involved (I live on a boat, need it straight :-) I was thinking that maybe the pier wouldn't look good when this photo is straightened but I checked it and think it's okay... check it out!

What lens/settings did you use?

ciao!
    Nick.

Hey Nick....Thank you for pointing out the problem with the horizon. I tweaked it and it does look better. See.....learning has occurred :) I used my walk around lens(nikkor 18-200) on my d300s, exposure 1/80 sec at f/16, focal length 18mm, ISO 100, and hand held the shot. I am sure it could be better if I had a nice tripod. It is on my wish list.

And, everyone else who commented....Thank you for the encouragement. I love photography and finding the beauty in everyday things. I will try to get a sunrise or sunset next time I am out that way.

Amy