cz_2013_0065-40-XL.jpg

#2 fossil in the making

cz_2013_0065-49-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2013
    Yo Cristóbal,

I don't mind giving you my take on these shots.

#1. Seems unbalanced. All the heavy elements ( large hunk of the dock, big posts ) are off to the left. The long extension of the rest of the dock doesn't compensate for all that weight being left. I guess it boils down to a composition issue and it seems out of sorts to me. Using the far shoreline as your reference line, it appears to me that the horizon might need straightening....slightly. I don't find a whole lot to hold my interest here.

#2. It certainly has a strong " WTF " pull to it. I'd like to see a tad more detail in the fish...but that's purely subjective and it may, in fact, be better rendered a little darker....as you have chosen to do. The darker look probably lends credence to the fact that the fish is headed to the fossil kingdom....it also helps in creating a sense of drama. I wouldn't want Luca Brazzi to see this picture....might bring back unpleasant memories....think of the movie " The Godfather ".

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2013
    Thanks Tom,

Points taken. On #1 I had been searching for a dock for a while to take a long exposure to blur the water. Of course when I found it I was thousands of miles from home and without a tripod! So I had to place the camera flat on the dock, hence the weird angle and composition, if you can call it that. Thanks for the honest criticism.

On #2, I found this dead fish that had an almost rock like feel, I chose to darken the exposure to try to blend the background and the fish as if they were one. It is still a creepy picture.

Two flops, worth the try though... Thanks again!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli"