The Rhine River, Germany

2»

Comments

• com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    holy sauer kraut! you take AMAZING pictures!!! this one right here has me in AWE!

98482489-L.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    holy sauer kraut! you take AMAZING pictures!!! this one right here has me in AWE!

98482489-L.jpg
    Well, thank you for the so very kind words!

:D
  • rbrugmanrbrugman Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    How on earth do you take pictures like this? I need to find out and then hop on the ICE and go to Köln for the night. I know exactly where you were by Hohenzollernbrücke, but for the life of me I've never been able to take a picture where the colors come out nearly that much. You should post a tutorial for great night shots like that.

Vielen Dank,
    Robert
    edited June 18, 2007
    rbrugman wrote:
    You should post a tutorial for great night shots like that.

:D Hi Robert,

Like this?.
    edited June 18, 2007
    Now I feel dumb rolleyes1.gif Thanks!!!
    edited June 18, 2007
    rbrugman wrote:
    Now I feel dumb rolleyes1.gif Thanks!!!
    Do not feed dumb - there's plenty here, our job is to just find it for you if you don't - no problemo!
    edited June 18, 2007
    I just finished reading your very well written tutorial on the post-processing, but I still have some questions on how to take good night shots in the first place. How do you decide which ISO to use vs. increased exposure time. My pictures for some reason always end up looking very red because I use low ISO but very long exposure times. I shoot in RAW so that should help a bit with the post processing but if I take a lousy picture to start with it just makes things much harder.

Thanks for the help!

Robert
    edited June 18, 2007
    rbrugman wrote:
    I just finished reading your very well written tutorial on the post-processing, but I still have some questions on how to take good night shots in the first place. How do you decide which ISO to use vs. increased exposure time. My pictures for some reason always end up looking very red because I use low ISO but very long exposure times. I shoot in RAW so that should help a bit with the post processing but if I take a lousy picture to start with it just makes things much harder.

Thanks for the help!

Robert
    Ask in the tutorial thread okay?
    then many can benefit.