Options

Watermarking - Driving me crazy

Hyper-PerformanceHyper-Performance Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited March 24, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I have set-up my watermark, looks great on a portrait oriented photo, but when applied to a landscape oriented photo, the size grows much larger than I want.

I also have have issues with changing watermarks in existing galleries and they never seem to update to the new watermark.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited March 23, 2015
    I also have have issues with changing watermarks in existing galleries and they never seem to update to the new watermark.
    How are you changing the watermark?

If you want to apply a new watermark to photos that already are loaded into the gallery you need to specify the watermark for that gallery plus you need to use the tools to re-watermark the photos.

See the Apply Watermarks section of this help page - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343-how-do-i-watermark-photos-.

--- Denise
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2015
    Smaller watermarks can be a bit tricky to position and size.

If you'd like to have full control, you could consider creating two different watermarks - one for landscape and another for portrait photos. Create a 1600x1200 px transparent canvas (for landscape photos) and then add your desired watermark on it in the size and location you'd like. Save that as a transparent PNG, upload that to SmugMug and turn it into a watermark. If you then apply it to landscape photos, it should come out the way you created it.
    Repeat the steps for your portrait watermark (just changing the canvas to a 1200x1600 px one).
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero