Options

Multiple photos content block questions

GarfieldKlonGarfieldKlon Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited March 23, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Hi :)

Is there a description what all these options mean?

• Vary photo height
  • Pagination style

Comments

• Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2015
    Hi GarfiledKlon,

not that I have found very good descriptions of what you're looking for yet...
    But pagination style means that if you have too much content to be presented on one page it will be broken up into two or more pages. You would have that for example done for your thumbnails in the standard Smugmug Gallery style, where the thumbnails are presented at the left side of your current photo. Should your gallery contain more than 20 photos (roughly estimate of what I have seen), you will be able to see thumbnail-sides on the left side of your screen.

For the "vary photo height" the text behind the question mark said something like "adjusting your row height automatically each time the page loads" which means - if I interpret some other info I found via google on this matter correctly - that the height of the rows that are showing your photos can vary from row to row depending on a) your maximum photo height and b) the maximum height that the actual photos in one row are able to be presented in and after all the size of your browser window as well. This is at least how I interpret this thread: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=248895
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2015
    Adding to what Lille said about pagination, pagination makes sure that not all photos are loaded at once, which would slow things down considerably. When you scroll For the pagination style, you have two option. Scroll would automatically load new photos if available when you scroll down. The click option would only load more photos when the visitor clicks on the button.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero