5D MkII Official Release Date?

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited November 3, 2008 in Cameras
Just wondering if anyone knows the official release date for the 5D MkII. I have searched around and rumors seem to be at early as October 18th, as late as sometime in November. Anyone know the official date?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited October 5, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone knows the official release date for the 5D MkII. I have searched around and rumors seem to be at early as October 18th, as late as sometime in November. Anyone know the official date?

Canon doesn't like to offer firm ship dates for newly announced models and actual delivery to you depends on the particular vendor and how far down the line you are on the waiting list versus the actual delivery quantities.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    ugh..> ican't freaking wait!!! BH photo said november about a week ago, now they're saying december. C'mon xmas presents!!!!! lol I want that camera more than I want my next breath of air.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    ugh..> ican't freaking wait!!! BH photo said november about a week ago, now they're saying december. C'mon xmas presents!!!!! lol I want that camera more than I want my next breath of air.

wow! You really need that camera to forsake even the most barest necessities of living, breathing!! rolleyes1.gif

I am gonna need to upgrade soon, as my shutter is closer to the 30D's shutter actuation count. COME ON TAX REBATE CHECK!! If push comes to shove, I might just plunker down in December for one. Knowing that I might not get one till April, if at all.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    B&H said end of this month for 50D and December for 5DMKII.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    B&H said end of this month for 50D and December for 5DMKII.

I see you already have the lens.

B&H has the 50D now if you want the lens too.
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Three independent retailers in Europe told me that the camera will start to ship end of November which would be in the 3rd week of November.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Has anyone got any more believable shipping dates on the 5DII?

I keep seeing the rumor that the kits will ship before the body's only. I hope not since I ordered body only.
    RON
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    The shipping date is end of November. This is the info that retailers got from
    Canon. What they don't know is how many Cameras Canon will send to them
    with the first shipment. This seems to be because it is a new Product rollout.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Manfr3d wrote:
    The shipping date is end of November. This is the info that retailers got from
    Canon. What they don't know is how many Cameras Canon will send to them
    with the first shipment. This seems to be because it is a new Product rollout.

Thanks. What is my concern is the talk about kits first then bodies next. That didn't happen with my 20D or the 40D so maybe their is nothing to it.
    RON
  • sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    they did the same thing with the Nikon D90, when it first came out the "kits" were available before the "body only", I think this is their way of selling more of these kit lenses and getting more money out of people who want it "yesterday"
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com