Options

keyword error, google

RolfvpRolfvp Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited July 1, 2014 in SmugMug Support
If i do this image site search in google

site:www.ibspangolsen.dk

several images show up that do not belong to my site, like this one:
http://geirha.smugmug.com/Trains/Trains/i-DsD5XBj/0/XL/_DP10320-XL.jpg

if you click "visit this site" it will take you to a page on my site with the keyword "tog", (train in danish). On this page you will find all my images with the keyword "tog"

If you click "show image" it will take you to geira´s SM site showing the train in the snow

really really strange, any comments on this one?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 1, 2014
    Wow, that's very odd. I'm seeing this on my site too.

site:www.denisegoldberg.com
    Images
    There are (at least) two images shown that are not mine. These jumped out at me because they have watermarks across the middle of the photo where my watermark is along the side.

If I click on the image that doesn't belong to open the image I am taken to a keyword page on my site.
    If I click "show image" it takes me to the other photographer's site.

There is something wrong here!

--- Denise
  • Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2014
    We are so sorry you are having this trouble. It looks like some sort of Google image issue, as it clearly shouldn't be returning those URLs. The images are not on your site. They are not listed in the sitemap or anything like that. You can file a removal request with Google for the items in question. Make sure you are verified with Google webmasters to be able to do that.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2014
    Rolfvp, the random image you mentioned actually has a keyword of "Tog" on it on the original site, so what I imagine happened is that SmugMug had a brief brainfart where their keyword searches returned results from every SmugMug site (instead of just yours) and Google happened to catch that on your site (possibly while they were busy migrating to Cloudflare).

That imposing image isn't part of your current Google Sitemap, nor is it part of the page that is currently rendered when Google crawls your website, so I imagine it was a transient problem.

I have the same fault on my website, where my keyword page for "tandem" contains this image, according to Google, which isn't mine.
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2014
    The keywords for the "sunrise pyramid" image is:

floridasouth floridapalm beach countydelray beachbeachsunrisemayan templesand sculpturemayan pyramid

So it must be the keyword "templesand" that make google think it should point to your site page: keywords "sand sculpture", strange!!
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2014
    Where are you seeing that, Rolf? For me it shows that interloping sand-pyramid having the keyword "sand sculpture":

http://www.richardsonartphotography.com/Beaches/i-6vCvQBg/A

988c838cb731834fcef427ff389144dc.png
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2014
    Where are you seeing that, Rolf? For me it shows that interloping sand-pyramid having the keyword "sand sculpture":

Sorry my fault, i copied the keyword text and when i pasted it, it ended up looking wrong
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2014
    Thanks everyone, good to know our keywords somehow work :-)