Options

Creating Watermarks in New Smugmug

KristinNoelleKristinNoelle Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 30, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hello,
I haven't been able to find a tool to take create new watermarks in the new version of smugmug. I am familiar with the old process... please let me know how to do this on the new platform.
Thanks!
Kristin

Comments

• Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    Hi KristinNoelle,

Your watermarking tools have not changed. You will still be able to access your watermarks in your Account Settings in the Business Tab.

You can pick and image for a watermark using the wrench icon under the image, the choosing USE AS > Watermark.

Thanks - Scott
  • Options
    nikongirl74nikongirl74 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    I had this question too so I searched the forum. I do not have a "Use as" option within the wrench under the photo I want to use to make the watermark.
  • Options
    GarryGarry Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2013
    Dream Pro wrote: »
    Hi KristinNoelle,
    Your watermarking tools have not changed. You will still be able to access your watermarks in your Account Settings in the Business Tab.
    You can pick and image for a watermark using the wrench icon under the image, the choosing USE AS > Watermark.
    Thanks - Scott

Scott, the old watermarks are indeed under account settings in the business tab. However, the wrench icon under images have no watermarking options. I am not seeing "USE AS >", all I am seeing is "EDIT >" , "ORGANIZE >" and "DELETE"
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    Ditto!
    Garry wrote: »
    Scott, the old watermarks are indeed under account settings in the business tab. However, the wrench icon under images have no watermarking options. I am not seeing "USE AS >", all I am seeing is "EDIT >" , "ORGANIZE >" and "DELETE"
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    Try using the gallery organizer, pick the gallery you want to watermark then click on the wrench icon.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    GarryGarry Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Try using the gallery organizer, pick the gallery you want to watermark then click on the wrench icon.

I think what we mean is, making an image into a watermark.
    I can't find this, it used to be under Tools --> More --> Make into Watermark.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    Under the photo you want to use (in the gallery) click the wrench icon, then click Use As, then click Watermark. Working fine for me... If you don't see it please post a link to the gallery and I'll take a look.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    Here is the link: http://www.valeriecookphoto.com/organize/Hidden/Links/i-Jqm8zn7

I had a watermark made int he old smug. It will not work now. I cannot figure out how to make a new one from a photo.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    Here is the link: http://www.valeriecookphoto.com/organize/Hidden/Links/i-Jqm8zn7

I had a watermark made int he old smug. It will not work now. I cannot figure out how to make a new one from a photo.
    Bad link...
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    It is saying Page Not Found... How are you getting the link? Can you just send me a link to the photo in the gallery?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    This time I used the share button to get the link - does this work ? http://www.valeriecookphoto.com/Hidden/Links/i-Jqm8zn7/0/M/vcp%20logo%20transparetn%20background3-M.jpg

This is the image that I would like to make into the watermark. My old one has disappeared.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    Here' the link to the gallery that my watermark photo lives in: http://www.valeriecookphoto.com/Hidden/Links
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    Here' the link to the gallery that my watermark photo lives in: http://www.valeriecookphoto.com/Hidden/Links

Check out my screenshot. Click the wrench icon under the image, then click Use As, then click Watermark. You don't see that on your page still?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    Jack P.Jack P. Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    nikongirl74 -- Its an unlikely root cause, but you have at least a portfolio level account right? That's one reason why you might not get the menu item as watermarks are not an option in basic and power accounts. I see your site and work is very professional so seems unlikely, but could be something not migrating right.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Valerie does have the correct account level. She should be able to create the watermark using Zac's steps outlined above.

Please let us know if you continue to need help. We are here for you!

Michael
  • Options
    VisfxguyVisfxguy Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    I came across this thread because I'm having the same problem. I don't have a "use as" option in my choices. I should have the account level for this. Here's the image that I'd like to use as my watermark:

http://www.clarifiedstudios.com/organize/Other/My-SmugMug-Site-Files-Do-Not/i-j72b77P

All I have is edit, organize, and delete.

Tom
  • Options
    SmugMegSmugMeg Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Hey Tom,
    Looks like that gallery is set up to display in the slideshow style. With the slideshow gallery style, you won't get the buttons under the images to display all the photo tools. Try going to Customize > Gallery Style > SmugMug and see if you're able to get to the watermark option then.
  • Options
    VisfxguyVisfxguy Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Yep! That did it! wings.gif

Now -- how would I have known that? Is that in documentation somewhere? I looked all over the place.

By the way -- speaking of slideshows... Is there some reason my slideshows aren't showing up in the mobile version of my site? (Sorry, for mixing topics here -- but while I got you here...)
  • Options
    picomomentspicomoments Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    Hi, Anyone knows what size / resolution one should use for the watermarking, and can it be scaled according to the image size being displayed?
  • Options
    PhotomatonPhotomaton Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 30, 2014
    Not working
    SmugMeg wrote: »
    Hey Tom,
    Looks like that gallery is set up to display in the slideshow style. With the slideshow gallery style, you won't get the buttons under the images to display all the photo tools. Try going to Customize > Gallery Style > SmugMug and see if you're able to get to the watermark option then.

I went through and made these changes as well but it did not seem to help. I have yet to see the >use as option. Any other ideas? Thanks! headscratch.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited June 30, 2014
    Photomaton wrote: »
    I went through and made these changes as well but it did not seem to help. I have yet to see the >use as option. Any other ideas? Thanks!
    What level account do you have? Watermarking is available only in Portfolio and Business-level accounts.

Assuming that you have an account level that supports watermarking, see the steps documented on the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343-how-do-i-watermark-photos- to set up your image as a watermark.

--- Denise