i-N5hjXrn-XL.jpg

Canon 40D, 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    Neil, I freely admit: I don't understand this series. I keep trying to divine your meaning, but I'm still coming up dry! Not sure if that means I'm being obtuse or you are.... rolleyes1.gif It's a nice enough photo, but, in this case, without understanding the implications of the content, I can't really offer any kind of meaningful comment. eek7.gif

From a technical standpoint, you've either got CA or some kind of processing artefacting going on in the lower right hand corner and on the camera right eyebrow.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    The meaning of images like this are not meant to be understood without medicinal assistance. :D

Sam
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    Neil, I freely admit: I don't understand this series. I keep trying to divine your meaning, but I'm still coming up dry! Not sure if that means I'm being obtuse or you are.... rolleyes1.gif It's a nice enough photo, but, in this case, without understanding the implications of the content, I can't really offer any kind of meaningful comment. eek7.gif

From a technical standpoint, you've either got CA or some kind of processing artefacting going on in the lower right hand corner and on the camera right eyebrow.

Whatever, dm, I *do* appreciate your looking and commenting! Thank you!:Dthumb.gif

I thought the meaning of this one is pretty clear, graphic even!eek7.gifD I was nervous I should have put it in the xxx forum!

And I, in my turn, don't mind freely admitting that I don't see clearly myself what's going on with them. What I do know is that I do them first for the surface decorative effect - simply the colours, shapes and the objects in them. They are composites of my shots. In this one there is the doll, the flower and the , e'hem, "dew" (which is actually raindrops on a window).

Second, the doll faces when photographed in a certain way, seem to begin to come alive. I get a little shock when I fleetingly sense the eyes are actually seeing (in the first in the series, the eyes in the doll are my own anyway). If and when this happens, you must consider the "lives" of these "children", that they have become "aware" in situations not determined by themselves, "found" situations. In a box, for example, with a bolt in the head, or in a thistle patch at the bottom of the garden, or as here sprinkled with the dew of a flower which lies on a cheek. Their "look" then becomes one of surprise, questioning, fear, appeal.

Third, we now have a parable...

Re the CA, the colouring of all the images in this series is not sooc, it is highly wrought. A Vivid Light blend was brushed into parts of this image (a similar layer is used in all the images in this series), much as you might see a girl at the mall with a streak of purple in her hair. Just cosmetic.

Neil

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    The meaning of images like this are not meant to be understood without medicinal assistance. :D

Sam

rolleyes1.gif

Now, where did I put that prescription?!

Neil