WTB: Camera Bag for Canon Rebel XTI + lenses

RedhedRedhed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 25, 2006 in The Kitchen Sink
I'm looking for a decent yet affordable bag to carry my XTI with attached lens and one or two extra lenses. I don't want a backpack; messenger-style only. The bag I have currently isn't padded and doesn't have separate compartments, which is not very smart considering I'm a student traveling around campus all day.

If someone has an old bag lying around or suggestions about what and where to buy one, let me know! Looking to spend hopefully no more than $40.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 24, 2006
    Redhed wrote:

If someone has an old bag lying around or suggestions about what and where to buy one, let me know! Looking to spend hopefully no more than $40.
    I have been using a Tamrac Superlight 5405 for the past year. It can hold a 20D with attached 70-200 F4 lens plus one other smaller lens comfortably. For air travel, I can fit three lenses plus the body, but that is not easy to manage when shooting on the street. It is top-loading, which I like and has several pockets for extra cards, filters, batteries etc. Adorama sells it for just under $40. Sounds like it might fit your needs well.

Regards,
  • photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Try an Adorama Slinger bag
    Redhed wrote:
    I'm looking for a decent yet affordable bag to carry my XTI with attached lens and one or two extra lenses. I don't want a backpack; messenger-style only. If someone has an old bag lying around or suggestions about what and where to buy one, let me know! Looking to spend hopefully no more than $40.
    I've used Adorama "Slinger" bags with great success. The regular Slinger should be just right for the eqpt you listed. I had one for a year or two, then finally upgraded to the larger Slinger Pro bag after I added a battery grip to my dSLR.

One GREAT feature that isn't played up stongly enough about the Slinger bags is that they include a WAIST STRAP, so you can put most of the weight on your hips instead of your shoulder. Very important if you put much gear in it and have to carry it for a while.

I even still have my original Slinger bag (http://www.adorama.com/GBSLBK.html?searchinfo=slinger&item_no=6). I haven't bothered to advertise it yet, but would let it go for $28 including shipping, PayPal, etc. New ones are about $50 from Adorama ($44.95+shipping). If anyone's interested in mine, drop me a PM.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...