london

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 3, 2004 in Landscapes
cheerio, forum :)

today i had the great pleasure of meeting a photographer i've only known thru the internet, luben solev, the master of infrared, slow-shutter, and nightshot photography, he sure squeezes every last drop of potential imagery out of his camera! what a nice chap, we got on really well, we talked about photography and life all day, whilst shooting at kew gardens, street photography in the city, an awesome dinner, and of course, some night photography :)

and here's luben, shot with my sony f828, and converted to b&w using my preferred methods (*):

7944714-M.jpg

we did a lot of street photography, which was, i think, a new experience for luben. i really enjoy shooting in a new town, i've been to london many times before, but i've never had time to do some serious shoooting....

these shots all with my 10d, 16-35L aboard:

7944717-M.jpg

we took a break to dine on england's national cuisine, of course, indian food :)

7944716-M.jpg

after dinner it was time for some night work. here's the houses of parliament, and that famous clock, big ben:

7944715-L.jpg

and here's the famous "london eye" i believe the world'd biggest ferris wheel... boy you really need wiiiide to get this thing in the frame :)

7944718-M.jpg

luben was a fantastic host, he laid out our day's journey perfectly, and i'm proud to know him now. what a day!

enjoy (new city, new friend) photography,

-- andy

(*) b&w info here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=7475823

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2004
    andy wrote:
    cheerio, forum :)

today i had the great pleasure of meeting a photographer i've only known thru the internet, luben solev, the master of infrared, slow-shutter, and nightshot photography, he sure squeezes every last drop of potential imagery out of his camera! what a nice chap, we got on really well, we talked about photography and life all day, whilst shooting at kew gardens, street photography in the city, an awesome dinner, and of course, some night photography :)

and here's luben, shot with my sony f828, and converted to b&w using my preferred methods (*):

we did a lot of street photography, which was, i think, a new experience for luben. i really enjoy shooting in a new town, i've been to london many times before, but i've never had time to do some serious shoooting....

these shots all with my 10d, 16-35L aboard:

7944717-M.jpg

we took a break to dine on england's national cuisine, of course, indian food :)

after dinner it was time for some night work. here's the houses of parliament, and that famous clock, big ben:

and here's the famous "london eye" i believe the world'd biggest ferris wheel... boy you really need wiiiide to get this thing in the frame :)

luben was a fantastic host, he laid out our day's journey perfectly, and i'm proud to know him now. what a day!

enjoy (new city, new friend) photography,

-- andy

(*) b&w info here:
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=7475823

Love your shots, Andy. I especially love the shot I left on my reply. All are great.

I hear nowhere is far enough from NYC right now, don't know how you feel about that: no politics: the traffic and stuff. Will try to watch Letterman tonight to see what he says about your hometown.

We have no cable here in "stormy" Charleston, I have found out that using dial up is costing us a fortune. Glad you are enjoying London, will pop in to see your posts, even loved the ferris wheel, a perspective I haven't seen before. That is a photographer, our photograperthumb.gif . Old chap, bless your heart!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    Beautiful shots, Andy. What fantastic light on the violinist. Great image of the Houses of Parliament... an image I suspect you'll continue to tweak. How nice to have such a good host.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Beautiful shots, Andy. What fantastic light on the violinist. Great image of the Houses of Parliament... an image I suspect you'll continue to tweak. How nice to have such a good host.

thanks sid, and ginger, too :D

yeah, i only did some quick editing on my laptop, and this is one of about 20 shots i grabbed last night of the houses of parliament. i think i can edit better on my home system....

thanks!
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    Great shots Andy. Is this trip for business or pleasure? It looks like your enjoying yourself.

Thanks for sharing.
    Dave
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Great shots Andy. Is this trip for business or pleasure? It looks like your enjoying yourself.

Thanks for sharing.
    Dave

hey dave. a little of both. yeah, i had a blast :D home now!