Options

Lightroom Plugin 2.1

AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
edited May 19, 2014 in SmugMug Support
A question for Devbobo, please?

David I am experiencing some weird behaviour and I am not sure if it is my not understanding the plugin or perhaps a bug?

Some images which exist in a gallery on SM have a keyword applied in LR, which I don't want to export to SM. In this keyword, I have switched off "exclude on export".

If I re-publish one of these images to SM, the switched off keyword still gets exported.

Am I doing something wrong?

One further question please... I was certain in my previous plugin release (I applied 2.1 this morning) that I could select file and metadata, or just metadata when republishing. I can't see where to select that with 2.1.

Thanks
Clive

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    I have shot Devbobo an email to let him know to come in.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2014
    Thanks Michael
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2014
    David as a sidenote - I have also noticed that this version regularly says that it has become unstable and I need to reload the plugin.

This is what the diagnostic message says:
    Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/SmugMug.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An unknown error occurred.
    ?:0: attempt to index field 'pluginContext' (a nil value) (inside the callback for addObserver for condition tokenRefreshing)

**** Error 2

?:0: attempt to index field 'pluginContext' (a nil value) (inside the callback for addObserver for condition tokenRefreshing)

**** Error 3

**** Error 4

**** Error 5

Would you like me to send the logfile to you? I just can't remember where to send it to?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 1, 2014
    A question for Devbobo, please?

David I am experiencing some weird behaviour and I am not sure if it is my not understanding the plugin or perhaps a bug?

Some images which exist in a gallery on SM have a keyword applied in LR, which I don't want to export to SM. In this keyword, I have switched off "exclude on export".

If I re-publish one of these images to SM, the switched off keyword still gets exported.

Am I doing something wrong?
    In order for this to work, you need to have the option selected "Write Keywords as Hierarchy". This is a LR requirement rather than something that the plugin imposes, and if it's not checked, LR just exports the keywords assigned to the image.
    One further question please... I was certain in my previous plugin release (I applied 2.1 this morning) that I could select file and metadata, or just metadata when republishing. I can't see where to select that with 2.1.
    I haven't had this option for a little while, I'm now keeping a hash of the develop settings and metadata for each image in a gallery and use it to intelligently determine if a file needs to be uploaded or just the metadata replaced.
    David as a sidenote - I have also noticed that this version regularly says that it has become unstable and I need to reload the plugin.

This is what the diagnostic message says:
    Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/SmugMug.lrplugin

**** Error 1

Would you like me to send the logfile to you? I just can't remember where to send it to?
    Are you on Windows ? I haven't seen this behaviour on my mac. Give this version a go...I'm pretty sure it should resolve the issue.

I'm in the US but heading home to Australia today, so may internet access might be a bit sketchy for 24 hours or so.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2014
    Thanks so much for coming back to me David.

I selected "Write Keywords as Hierarchy" and that seems to have sorted this out.

I have also downloaded 2.0.1.2 and will give that a try.

Safe flight!!
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2014
    Clive,

Did that new version fix the errors you were receiving ?

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2014
    Hi David

This release sorted out the crashing issue. I meant to say that this is on a MacPro with LR5, so it seems that it is not just Windows 7 that might have an issue with the old release.

The only thing that I am aware of, is the amount of time to update metadata on images. It is taking around 20 seconds per image. Is that about right?
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2014
    Hi again David

Having used it quite a bit today, I am still experiencing some issues with it.

It has twice said that it has become unstable and when I reload it, it works fine.

The other thing that this version has been doing, is uploading the image and metadata when there are only changes to the metadata.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2014
    It has twice said that it has become unstable and when I reload it, it works fine.
    If you can provide me with either/both logs that might be useful.
    The other thing that this version has been doing, is uploading the image and metadata when there are only changes to the metadata.
    My guess is that develop settings and metadata hashes don't exist currently for these images. These hashes are generated for a given album :
    a. at the end of a publish
    b. by syncing the images for that gallery
    Note: images that are in a "to be published" or "to be republished" will not have their hashes created/updated during an "Image Sync".
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2014
    devbobo wrote: »
    If you can provide me with either/both logs that might be useful.

I will. I did not clear the log prior to changing to 2.1. I trust that you can pick your way through it? Where do I send it - I forgotten, sorry?
    devbobo wrote: »
    My guess is that develop settings and metadata hashes don't exist currently for these images. These hashes are generated for a given album :
    a. at the end of a publish
    b. by syncing the images for that gallery
    Note: images that are in a "to be published" or "to be republished" will not have their hashes created/updated during an "Image Sync".

I, very recently, moved images around into new galleries. I presume that this would mean that hashes don't exist?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2014
    Did you receive the logs that I sent David?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2014
    Did you receive the logs that I sent David?

Clive,

Thanks, I got the logs, but haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

Hopefully today.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2014
    Any updates David?
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2014
    David? Have you had a chance to look at this yet?
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2014
    G'day Clive,

Sorry for the delay, yes, I've looked at your logs but there was no real info to highlight the issue.

I've reverted some of the code that originally introduced this problem, can you please give this version a go and let me know how you get on ?

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    I think it's sorted now David.

I am getting some unexpected results when it comes to republishing (as in changed metadata) when the entire file gets uploaded again, but it is erratic and only happens on some images and only sometimes. I can easily live with it :)

I would like to thank you very much for everything that you do here. Your plugin really is wonderful and the effort that you put in to keep it current is to be commended.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2014
    I added Lightroom to the thread title to alleviate any confusion. Should also make it easier to search for.
    Lightroom Plugin 2.1
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2014
    David I am still experiencing some anomalies. If I publish an image and, once published, 'mark for replublish', sometimes the image gets uploaded again (image and metadata). It seems to work erratically on different shots - sometimes it is just the metadata and sometimes the image and metadata.

I am using 2.1.0.6. on a Mac, which sorted out the crashing issue above. I clicked on 'check for update' and I see that 2.1.1.0 is available. If I try to apply it, it tells me "Failed to move old plugin out of the way." I went onto the html update page and the version there is 2.1.0.0.

Would 2.1.1.0 deal with the hash-related issues I am experiencing and if so, where would I find it?
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2014
    Any help David?
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2014
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2014
    I am using 2.1.0.6. on a Mac, which sorted out the crashing issue above. I clicked on 'check for update' and I see that 2.1.1.0 is available. If I try to apply it, it tells me "Failed to move old plugin out of the way." I went onto the html update page and the version there is 2.1.0.0.
    Do you have the plugin installed in the modules folder as suggested here? If you have it installed in another folder, try removing the plugin from the current folder it's in and install it in the modules folder instead.
    If you already have it in the modules folder and the auto update just fails, try manually installing the new version following the instructions from the link.

In case there are still older versions of the plugin in the modules folder, it may be best if you clear out those as well.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2014
    Hi Sebastian

The plugin is installed as recommended but there were previous versions sitting in the same location, but in their own folder, which I have now removed. The only LR Plugin that remains is 2.1.3.0 which I installed on May 9th 2014.

The issue described above is still there.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2014
    David please would you help me here??
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2014
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2014
    Please would Michael or one of the heroes ask David to come to this post and comment.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    Hi Clive,

Sorry for the late reply....I've had a few things on the go, but this has been on my list of things to look at.

I believe I've found and resolved the problem (I'm testing it as I type this).

Here's the scenario so you should be able to test it easily. One of the times that I refresh the photo digests is at the end of a publish. The issue was that it was generating the develop and metadata digests based on an image's info at the end of a publish. The problem with this is that the metadata or develop settings may have changed between clicking "Publish" for the gallery and the entire process finishing. If this did in fact occur, the digests for the image would show as up to date even though that's not the case. So if metadata for an image had changed, it would have been marked as up to date and the next result would be that the image would be uploaded on the next publish. I've modified the code to generate digests for each image in the upload queue, prior to commencing the upload and then write this data to the album at the end of the publish as I did previously.

I'll post the new version here, once i have finished testing.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    Thanks David.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    I think this should fix the issue.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    Thanks David, very much. I have installed it and at first glance, it seems to have sorted out the issue.

I will use it a lot in the next few days and see how it goes.