How to remove "COLLECTED" from photos

lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
edited October 2, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
A while back, I read that as the owner of a Smug site, you could tell which photos in your galleries were the Collected photos by changing a setting, and considering it could be a useful tool, I did that so I could tell which photos in my galleries were collected and which were not. I understand that this COLLECTED notation is only viewable when logged in as owner of the site, so viewers of my site do not see the COLLECTED notation on my photos.

Fast forward to now, & I would now like to turn it off, but can't find the setting I need to change anywhere, and keep getting nothing from searches relating to how to show or not show that photos are collected. Suggestions please?

*& after posting this, just realized that it is apparently in the Legacy customization section? Apparently when I clicked on the drop down from the Support tab and clicked on "Smugmug Customization", it automatically took me to Legacy instead of New sites, and I'm having this issue on a new site.
~Lillian~
A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 1, 2014
    Hi Lillian,
    Could you post a screenshot, perhaps, to describe what you're seeing? I have a number of collected photos on my site but I don't have any "collected" notation that I'm aware of. Below my images that are collected there's a link that says "From <original gallery name." Are you wanting to hide this?

collected_gallery_custom_text-X2.png
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2014
    The first screenshot is when I am in the organizer:
    i-3qppdRX-L.jpg

The second screenshot is when I am just browsing the gallery:
    i-BBML3gp-L.jpg
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited October 2, 2014
    Odd. I just checked a gallery where all of the photos were collected and not a trace of the "COLLECTED" word appears in gallery view or in the organizer. Browser = Chrome.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited October 2, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Odd. I just checked a gallery where all of the photos were collected and not a trace of the "COLLECTED" word appears in gallery view or in the organizer. Browser = Chrome.

Same with mine. I've never seen this before. I actually wish my site did this. I'll ask around tomorrow and see if I can get to the bottom of this :)
    dGrin Afficionado
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited October 2, 2014
    leftquark wrote: »
    Same with mine. I've never seen this before. I actually wish my site did this. I'll ask around tomorrow and see if I can get to the bottom of this :)

+1. I wish the COLLECTED showed up with mine too.
    My Smugmug
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2014
    Hi lkbart, I use lots of Smart Galleries and this was bugging me too, so I got rid of it by inserting this in my "All Galleries" css:

/* Remove "from" line */
    .sm-tile-info .sm-muted {
    display: none
    }

Good luck!

Sara
    edited October 2, 2014
    Thanks for the responses & the work-around! However, there is a setting somewhere in the Smugmug software, because I remember reading about it & turning the setting on, because otherwise it is impossible to tell which photos are collected without clicking on each photo & then the wrench to see if it says to "Remove" or "Delete". I just can't remember where that setting is to turn it off, and I can't find anything about it doing searches here or in the Smug Help!

I was hoping a SmugHero would help out, I'm sure it's a simple thing once you know where that specific setting is.
    ~Lillian~
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2014
    lkbart wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses & the work-around! However, there is a setting somewhere in the Smugmug software, because I remember reading about it & turning the setting on, because otherwise it is impossible to tell which photos are collected without clicking on each photo & then the wrench to see if it says to "Remove" or "Delete". I just can't remember where that setting is to turn it off, and I can't find anything about it doing searches here or in the Smug Help!

I was hoping a SmugHero would help out, I'm sure it's a simple thing once you know where that specific setting is.

Found this code in your site's CSS:

/* ss-lightbox-view-collected */

.ss-lightbox-image-collection-info {
    position:absolute;
    right:0px;
    padding:10px 15px;
    bottom:50px;
    z-index:4;
    }

/* ss-tile-base-view-collected */

.ss-tile-collected .sm-tile-status,
    .ss-tile-smart .sm-tile-status {
    display: block;
    }

/* Apply our symbols to :before so we don't stomp on SM's :after symbols */
    .ss-tile-collected .sm-tile-status span:before,
    .ss-tile-smart .sm-tile-status span:before {
    text-transform: uppercase;
    font-size: 14px;
    }

.sm-tile-hidden.ss-tile-collected .sm-tile-status span:before,
    .sm-tile-hidden.ss-tile-smart .sm-tile-status span:before {
    margin-right: 5px;
    }

.ss-tile-collected .sm-tile-status span:before {
    content: "Collected";
    }

.ss-tile-smart .sm-tile-status span:before {
    content: "Smart";
    }

.ss-tile-collected .sm-tile-status span,
    .ss-tile-smart .sm-tile-status span {
    left:0;
    right:0;
    }

/* ss-organizer-collected */

#sm-organizer .sm-organizer-image-overlay span {
    /* Use a centering strategy that'll work for variable width content */
    left: 0 !important;
    right: 0 !important;
    margin: -16px 0 0 0 !important;
    width: auto !important;
    text-align: center;
    }

.ss-tile-collected .sm-organizer-image-overlay span:after,
    .ss-tile-smart .sm-organizer-image-overlay span:after {
    text-transform: uppercase;
    font-size: 12px;
    vertical-align:middle;
    }

.ss-tile-collected .sm-organizer-image-overlay span.sm-fonticon-Hide:after,
    .ss-tile-smart .sm-organizer-image-overlay span.sm-fonticon-Hide:after {
    margin-left: 5px;
    }

.ss-tile-collected .sm-organizer-image-overlay span:after {
    content: "Collected";
    }
    .ss-tile-collected .sm-organizer-image-overlay span.sm-fonticon-Hide:after {
    font-size: 11px;
    }

.ss-tile-smart .sm-organizer-image-overlay span:after {
    content: "Smart";
    }

Chances are that's doing it. I'm guessing you added it to your theme's CSS or to a CSS content block somewhere.

Dave
    edited October 2, 2014
    Wow - not sure how you got to that data Dave, but thanks! I sure could have copied & pasted all that - I don't do code, so I didn't write it! And right now I can't figure out where you got that from - I have added some CSS code (copying & pasting), but it's been a while & I can't find it now - it wasn't in the Theme CSS - the only CSS I remember pasting in was this:

.sm-user-ui .sm-tile-content , .sm-tile-info {
    text-align: center;
    }
    .sm-tile-folder .sm-tile-type-icon:after, .sm-tile-album .sm-tile-type-icon:after {
    display: none;
    }

/* Right Click Protection code */
    /* Your Message */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-right-click-message:after {
    content: 'Copyright Lillian Bartlett ~ Enjoy! Prints available for purchase in many sizes and styles! Just click on any photo & ADD TO CART!';
    }

/* To Block SM Message */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-right-click-message .sm-tooltip-content {
    display: none;
    }

/* used for changing background-color and Radius AND color of Text In some Themes */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-right-click-message {
    background-color: #fff;
    border-radius: 10px;
    box-shadow: -4px 5px 10px #000;
    color: black;
    }

And I still have a memory of some kind of setting somewhere that I changed (maybe this is only in my mind though!).
    ~Lillian~
    edited October 2, 2014
    I couldn't even get that code to work for me ::shrug::
    dGrin Afficionado
    edited October 2, 2014
    lkbart wrote: »
    Wow - not sure how you got to that data Dave, but thanks! I sure could have copied & pasted all that - I don't do code, so I didn't write it! And right now I can't figure out where you got that from - I have added some CSS code (copying & pasting), but it's been a while & I can't find it now - it wasn't in the Theme CSS - the only CSS I remember pasting in was this...

And I still have a memory of some kind of setting somewhere that I changed (maybe this is only in my mind though!).

I used "inspect element" in Chrome, then the Sources tab to see all the CSS files your site is using:

i-LtKLKWT.jpg

No idea where that comes from. I don't remember such a setting and I can't find a similar CSS file on my site. Maybe someone that has studied the inner workings of smugmug can help track down where that is coming from and how to remove it.

Dave
    edited October 2, 2014
    pilotdave wrote: »
    I used "inspect element" in Chrome, then the Sources tab to see all the CSS files your site is using:

i-LtKLKWT.jpg

No idea where that comes from. I don't remember such a setting and I can't find a similar CSS file on my site. Maybe someone that has studied the inner workings of smugmug can help track down where that is coming from and how to remove it.

Dave

The javascript file below inject.css has references in it such as:

if (window.sherlockPhotographySMForChrome && document.body.className.indexOf('sm-user-owner')

That makes me assume it has something to do with the chrome extension. I'm not sure if I see this because I'm running the extension or what. Do you also run the chome extension for smugmug? If you disable it, does the issue go away?

EDIT:
    Ok, I figured it out. See http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=245247&highlight=collected. Open the extension on your homepage, and hit tweaks. You'll find the settings there.

Dave
    edited October 2, 2014
    Yes, that is it!! THANK YOU DAVE!! I did install thenickdude's extension & that's how I did it. Thank you for finding it for me! :)
    ~Lillian~
    edited October 2, 2014
    Bingo! I have Nick's Chrome SM extension, but have only used it for the bulk editing duties (which is fantastic, BTW). I never noticed it could do what we were talking about. I switched it on and took a look. Only problem is that it dims out each collected photo (for me, the site owner) making it otherwise ugly and difficult to use. Luckily, it is also quite reversible by loading the extension, unchecking what you don't want, and then reloading the page(s).

i-hh3FxjP-L.gif
    My Smugmug
    edited October 2, 2014
    Yes, the greying out or darkening was what was bothering me & why I wanted it turned off. And now it is!! :)
    ~Lillian~