Options

Super Sloooowww Gallery Page Loading!!! Help!

dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited July 2, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Hello,

Pages to my SM galleries are loading slower than I've ever seen before. Here is what I am seeing from Chrome and FF:
1. Long wait while downloading from secure.adnsx.com
2. Super long wait while "waiting for www.google.analytics.com..." is displayed in LL corner.

I know you guys are adding in new whiz bang features. But at what cost? What about performance? That is my #1 priority, NOT statistics gathering. Is there any way to turn that stuff off? This is taking over two minutes just to load a single thumbnail page and that running on fast cable modem where no delays should exist. I'm streaming movies without problems, etc... There is no way minuscule thumbnails should Ever take this long to load... period! :huh :dunno

Please check into this problem and let me know.

http://landandseaphoto.smugmug.com/RiversandWaterfalls/Rivers-and-Waterfalls/19500619_kskz9n

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2013
    ** Update: I did more research on this and decided to actively *Block* Google Analytics. To do this I installed a free plugin called Ghostery which blocks this among other trackers. I don't know if this is the best fix. But after installing it the difference is like night and day, literally. Performance went from the worst to the best I have seen before. Still it would be good to resolve from the source vs. after the fact since it requires an add-on. And for some people visiting SM they will not be aware of the cause or how to remediate it. But if you want greater speed and less eyes tracking what you do these tools are very helpful.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2013
    Thanks for the update Derek. We are working on making our internal stats faster, and more responsive, so hopefully when it is ready, that will be all you need to get stats and keep your site lightning fast.

Michael