Options

Smugmug Login Issue [Merged Thread]

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2013
    Same here. I posted a few photos from an engagement session before going to bed last night, and added captions on two of them.

Today I went to the site was logged out.

Windows 7
  • Options
    WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2013
    When I went to my site today for the first time (I'd shut down my computer last night), I was logged out. I did not purposely log out when I left my site yesterday. I don't have more details, because I don't recall what I was doing before or after leaving SmugMug. All I know is that I'd remained logged-in during whatever I did while on SmugMug. I always use FF, & computer is running on Vista.
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2013
    Thanks for your updates everyone. I will keep testing different scenarios this week and keep you posted. The captions step should help me with another place to start.

Thanks!
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2013
    I just had this happen to me for the first time - I uploaded a dozen or so photos, then I went to move a few of the photos to other galleries and each time when I clicked on the "go back to gallery" button, it would log me out - 4 or 5 times in a row. Do I need to contact support for this?
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2013
    lkbart wrote: »
    I just had this happen to me for the first time - I uploaded a dozen or so photos, then I went to move a few of the photos to other galleries and each time when I clicked on the "go back to gallery" button, it would log me out - 4 or 5 times in a row. Do I need to contact support for this?

Hi Lillian,

This will not need to go to support for the time being. You have provided detailed steps as to how you have recreated this. I will test similar cases tomorrow and keep you updated.

Thank you!

Michael
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2013
    I was actually told unless a Major security hole was fixed in several browsers this would continue to happen to me over an over a year ago by the Principles of Smugmug via telephone conversations. Also since we are not logging in to a website so to speak it may not work could someone from smugmug please clear this up for me ASAP. I cannot stay logged in no matter what I do and it hasn't worked in over 3 years for me at least.. Name the browser and OS I have tried it.. Honestly this is getting old no updates of major features and years old bugs still not fixed... What gives Smugmug??
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2013
    I was actually told unless a Major security hole was fixed in several browsers this would continue to happen to me over an over a year ago by the Principles of Smugmug via telephone conversations. Also since we are not logging in to a website so to speak it may not work could someone from smugmug please clear this up for me ASAP. I cannot stay logged in no matter what I do and it hasn't worked in over 3 years for me at least.. Name the browser and OS I have tried it.. Honestly this is getting old no updates of major features and years old bugs still not fixed... What gives Smugmug??

David,

We actually have been able to recreate this using specific steps where the token expires. We know that their are reports where this is still happening, now we just need to identify those scenarios. When this does happen, the important thing to report here is your workflow to the best of your ability, right before you are logged out.

Michael
  • Options
    xlubenxluben Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2013
    Mine was working great from home and work for a couple weeks and then yesterday I had to log in 10+ times. Pretty much every time I tried to upload or sometimes even access a gallery. Nothing has changed in my setup.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2013
    Very nice, you have acknowledged that SmugMug was able to recreate the problem.
    Is it being fixed?

If you read up the thread up and you will see that there was changes made to fix certain scenarios where the issue happened. As I said in that post, most likely all scenarios were not found and covered so I requested for this group to keep a vigilant eye on their workflow just prior to being logged out. That information helps us the most when trying to troubleshoot and identify new scenarios.

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Hi Lillian,

This will not need to go to support for the time being. You have provided detailed steps as to how you have recreated this. I will test similar cases tomorrow and keep you updated.

Thank you!

Michael

Thank you Michael - I just did the same thing I had previously & it worked fine this time - thanks for fixing that. However, I had it log me out two times in a row when I moved a virtual photo from one gallery to another gallery. Another scenario to fix.

And gees people - just saying it keeps logging you out is like saying your computer doesn't work. Unless you tell them what buttons you hit right before it logged you out, it would be sheer luck if they happened to be able to reproduce what you did that caused it to log you out. If they can't reproduce it, they can't fix it. Seems like they are fixing the issues they can with the information they are being given.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2013
    lkbart wrote: »
    And gees people - just saying it keeps logging you out is like saying your computer doesn't work. Unless you tell them what buttons you hit right before it logged you out, it would be sheer luck if they happened to be able to reproduce what you did that caused it to log you out. If they can't reproduce it, they can't fix it. Seems like they are fixing the issues they can with the information they are being given.
    All fine and good, but if you know about programming, you're supposed to test all your base cases before putting something into production. If you miss some base cases or don't fully test, this type of thing can be the result. And it's very, very difficult to nail down as everything is already put together and running. :cry
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    FunguyphotoFunguyphoto Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2013
    Smugmug for Windows phone
    Not sure this is the right place for this but here goes...

I'm having to log into my Smugmug account nearly every time I use the Smugmug for Windows Phone app on my Nokia 822 (Verizon). Each time it happens the account is re-authorized and then lets me view my images as usual. This behavior is relatively new having started a few months ago. It honestly makes using the app very difficult.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    xlubenxluben Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2013
    This still happens to me once in a while. Not as bad as it was for a while, but still annoying.

I never had an issue until the time when it started happening to everyone. It appears SmugMug did not properly validate on of their software releases and is now relying on their paid users to do the troubleshooting for them.
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2013
    xluben wrote: »
    This still happens to me once in a while. Not as bad as it was for a while, but still annoying.

I never had an issue until the time when it started happening to everyone. It appears SmugMug did not properly validate on of their software releases and is now relying on their paid users to do the troubleshooting for them.

Thanks Ben,

We have identified and corrected occurrences we have found, but knowing the users workflow leading up to the log out will help us trouble shoot any more instances.

Thank you.

Michael