Lost another order!!

PhilmarPhilmar Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited April 7, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Is anyone else having troble with customers not being able to order. It looks like everyone that is having trouble is using internet explorer. I emailed the help desk and they said they know there is a problem and they are working on it. Here is a couple emails I got in the past 3 weeks or so:

"Hi. Was on your site to order pics of the St. Ignatius christmas tour. On. For an hour. Keeps loosing my cart. Very frustrating. Not going on again. They were very good photos. Just needed to let you know that the site needs to be fix."

"I tried ordering prints from the Governor Mifflin 5th grade gallery. I was able to enter all information (photo sizes, billing, shipping, etc). When going to "review my order" before submitting, my cart contents dissappeared. I did check my "cookies" and setting is correct."

"I was trying to fill my shopping cart for the past two days. Could not get pictures from both games in one cart, so I did them separately. Also did the collage separately. Somehow, now all three of my carts are empty…… SUPER!!!! I’m looking for something sharp to stick in my EYE!

There simply must be an easier way to order????

In any case, if you can tell me how I can fill one shopping cart with pictures from different games, I would appreciate it."

Never did get them to replace there order...who knows how many orders I lost because of this problem and they didn't bother to tell me they had trouble. And Yes, I emailed them back and asked them to use Firefox or Chrome.

Can someone tell me if this is a site wide problem and if a fix is near?

Thanks
Phil
www.philmarphotos.com

Comments

• mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Hi Phil,

My name is Michael Bonocore, and I am the Community Manager at SmugMug. My main responsibility is be the liaison between our customers (especially here on dgrin) and our QA and Engineering departments. I have personally ruffled some feathers on this one, and I hope I can give you an update on how we can correct this issue ASAP. Stay Tuned.

Michael
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2013
    Also, I have moved this to the Bug Reporting forum.

Michael
  • MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2013
    Phil,
    I had 2 people tell me last fall that they had problems ordering, and never saw those orders, and did not get enough info to even give back to SM helpdesk.
    I am planning on moving to a paypal implementation/self fulfill to get control of this issue myself this season. I am not sure how much it is impacting me.
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 6, 2013
    Yikes, Philmar, I'm sorry we didn't get you an answer, but we believe this bug was fixed on February 22nd. I'll call you tomorrow.
  • PhilmarPhilmar Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2013
    Thanks for Calling today Baldy! It was nice talking to you. I haven't heard any complaints from customers lately so ....hopefully its fixed. I'll let you know if i hear anything.
    Thanks again!!
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 7, 2013
    Philmar wrote: »
    Thanks for Calling today Baldy! It was nice talking to you. I haven't heard any complaints from customers lately so ....hopefully its fixed. I'll let you know if i hear anything.
    Thanks again!!
    No worries, it's the least we could do. That's quite a photography business you have going.