BDJBDJ Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 2, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
I've added password entry to my site but I find that the page also has "Log In" in the SmugMug Footer. I fear that new visitors might see this as an entry choice, become confused and leave.

Can I remove "Log In' and retain "Powered by SmugMug"?

Brian, Oxford

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    I don't have a login button, and I would like one.

Every time my computer somehow drops the login I have to go to the general Smugmug site.

This is a pain and lord help me if it happens on my laptop since I would need the memory of 16 1/2 elephants to remember all my passwords. :D

Sam
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    I don't have a login button, and I would like one.

Every time my computer somehow drops the login I have to go to the general Smugmug site.

This is a pain and lord help me if it happens on my laptop since I would need the memory of 16 1/2 elephants to remember all my passwords. :D

Sam

Just add a menu content block to your footer (or wherever you want it) and choose the login/logout link as the only menu item:

i-G3d34DH.png

It'll toggle between login and logout as appropriate.

Dave
    edited October 13, 2015
    pilotdave wrote: »
    Just add a menu content block to your footer (or wherever you want it) and choose the login/logout link as the only menu item:

i-G3d34DH.png

It'll toggle between login and logout as appropriate.

Dave

Fast and great response!!

Sam
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    BDJ wrote: »
    I've added password entry to my site but I find that the page also has "Log In" in the SmugMug Footer. I fear that new visitors might see this as an entry choice, become confused and leave.

Can I remove "Log In' and retain "Powered by SmugMug"?

Brian, Oxford

Add this to your theme's CSS:
    .sm-page-login-link {
        display: none;
        }

edited October 13, 2015
    The login / out button showed up in my nav bar where I didn't want it. The only way I could discern to get rid of it was to delete it. Now of course it is totally gone. :cry

I will revisit this in a couple of weeks...................:cry

Sam
    edited October 13, 2015
    The login / out button showed up in my nav bar where I didn't want it. The only way I could discern to get rid of it was to delete it. Now of course it is totally gone. :cry

Sam

I'm going to guess that you have this in your theme's CSS because you need to use that to HIDE the Smugmug credentials.
    .sm-page-powered-by a {
        }

edited October 13, 2015

Sam

You have this (in red) in one of your HTML/CSS boxes on your home page:
        .sm-page-widget-5979717 .sm-page-widget-content {
        margin-bottom: 0;
        margin-top: 12px;

}

.sm-page-widget-5979718 .sm-page-widget-content {
        margin-bottom: 0;
        margin-top: 0;

}

div.sm-user-ui div.sm-lightbox-content div.sm-lightbox-info {

}

[COLOR=Red].sm-page-powered-by a {[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]    display: none;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]}[/COLOR]

edited October 13, 2015

Sam

Make sure you're adding the login/logout link to a new menu content block, not your existing one. It should be all alone like the screenshot I posted.

Dave
    edited October 14, 2015
    :bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash

That said I REALLY do appreciate all your help, but:

What kind of content block? Text? HTML? CSS?

Also I lost the login / log out link. How do I make a new one.

Mike:

Yes I can see this in a content block. Now what?
    div.sm-user-ui div.sm-lightbox-content div.sm-lightbox-info { display: none; } .sm-page-powered-by a { display: none;

Think of me as a new photographer. You can't just say change the shutter speed, aperture,
    and iso without also telling how and why to do it.:D

I really shy away from trying too much on the website because I don't understand how,
    or why it works, but I do know that I don't know. :D

Sam
  • Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2015
    If you go with pilotdaves idea you would add a new menu on the bottom of your page and the only link used would be Login/Logout (which you can choose from the menu-settings when you go into the Links tab and then hit the + button).

You could also add links. Then the URLs would be:
    Logout: https://secure.smugmug.com/logout?goTo=http://www.samlinvillephotography.com/
    Login: https://secure.smugmug.com/login?goTo=http://http://www.samlinvillephotography.com/

I have another option...
    I changed the wordpress and youtube icons to a smug mug smile and a red x in a circle for the social icons content block by adding this code to my CSS block (valid on entire page):
    /*Logout link*/
    .sm-page-widget-social-links-wordpress .sm-fonticon-WordpressCircle:before{
      content: '\E34a' !important;
      color: red !important;
    }

/* Set color of YouTube-Icon (now smugmug-Icon) */
    .sm-page-widget-social-links-youTube .sm-official .sm-fonticon{
      color:   rgba(137,160,252,1)  !important;
     /* content: '\E350' !important;*/
    }

And then added the social icons content block to the bottom of my page and set the wordpress and youtube links to the logout / login links from above (just given for my own page of course). The "?goTo=http://www.samlinvillephotography.com/" at the end of the link makes sure your visitor returns at least to your homepage and is not diverted to the smug mug home page by the way.

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
    edited October 14, 2015

Yes I can see this in a content block. Now what?
    div.sm-user-ui div.sm-lightbox-content div.sm-lightbox-info { display: none; } .sm-page-powered-by a { display: none;

Think of me as a new photographer. You can't just say change the shutter speed, aperture,
    and iso without also telling how and why to do it.:D

I really shy away from trying too much on the website because I don't understand how,
    or why it works, but I do know that I don't know. :D

Sam

Remove it. You must have added that at some point. That removes the "Powered by Smugmug" and the login text.

edited October 14, 2015
    Mike:

If I remove .sm-page-powered-by a { display: none; Then I will get "powered by Smugmug" back, but I don't want this back. I will not get Login / log out back because it is no longer available on my site.

Lille,

Thank you so much for the time you spent but I haven't a clue about word press / youtube, SmugMug icon conversions.

I tried to add the Log In / Log Out URLs but they vanished and I was not able to add any new content blocks to the bottom of my home page.

Right now is not a great time.

My refrigerator is boiling eggs, my stove is freezing my tofu, my microwave puts on a lighting show complete with sound effects when turned on, my travel trailer is tearing up tires, my internet is intermittently dropping my connection, my new product photography shooting table florescent tubes are dead and china has stopped making them and I can not find any direct replacements in the entire world, I had a client bail on payment and vanish., etc.

I drove up to the Golden Gate bridge, but the damn do gooder's put up catch fencing so leaping off to paradise was thwarted. So all I accomplished was wasting gas. :cry

I am contemplating a trip to Oregon, where as I understand it, one can obtain magic herbal remedies.:D

Until then: :bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash

Sam
  • Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2015
    Sam we will get you to have the login/logout links where you like them.
    And I perfectly know how you are feeling. My camera is at the repair shop, they told me it would take a week well now almost three weeks have passed and I haven't got it back, instead they send it of to France... I want my camera (repaired) back...
    Additionally I have found so many typos in my calendars that I have on the market right now that I start wondering if ovens are meant to put heads into...

So don't worry. You are not alone.
    And once you get the rest sorted (fridges, stoves, runaway clients) you'll just send a short note and I'll guide you through it step by step.

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2015
    Try this in "entire site" CSS

.sm-page-powered-by a:first-child {visibility: hidden !important;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited October 14, 2015
    Mike:

If I remove .sm-page-powered-by a { display: none; Then I will get "powered by Smugmug" back, but I don't want this back. I will not get Login / log out back because it is no longer available on my site.

Lille,

Thank you so much for the time you spent but I haven't a clue about word press / youtube, SmugMug icon conversions.

I tried to add the Log In / Log Out URLs but they vanished and I was not able to add any new content blocks to the bottom of my home page.

Right now is not a great time.

My refrigerator is boiling eggs, my stove is freezing my tofu, my microwave puts on a lighting show complete with sound effects when turned on, my travel trailer is tearing up tires, my internet is intermittently dropping my connection, my new product photography shooting table florescent tubes are dead and china has stopped making them and I can not find any direct replacements in the entire world, I had a client bail on payment and vanish., etc.

I drove up to the Golden Gate bridge, but the damn do gooder's put up catch fencing so leaping off to paradise was thwarted. So all I accomplished was wasting gas. :cry

I am contemplating a trip to Oregon, where as I understand it, one can obtain magic herbal remedies.:D

Until then: :bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash

Sam

There's a lot going on in this thread with all kinds of code, some of which probably isn't being directed toward you because you kinda hijacked an unrelated thread. This is a super simple problem to fix that doesn't require any code. It requires a menu content block with a single link. Put it wherever you want on your site in the "entire site" area.

Dave
  • BDJBDJ Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2015
    .sm-page-login-link {
        }

That's it, Hikin' Mike. Many thanks. I must get to grips with CSS.
    Brian
  • gfargogfargo Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2015
    thanks
    .sm-page-login-link {
        }

Thanks, I was looking for this fix.
  • gfargogfargo Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2016