Dry spell

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited October 8, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
I'm going through a photographic dry spell. I still go with my camera everywhere, but can't get inspired. This weekend I managed to get a couple of shots. Is this worth something? Am I trying to hard and should just let it go? :dunno

[IMG]http://www.mind-driftphoto.com/Projects/Black-and-White/i-Rgw36vw/0/XL/Bambú%202-XL.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    its cool! A black bird in one of the side pockets would be nice! Cheers!
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    Cristóbal, it makes you think. I like it also. Keep shooting!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    its cool! A black bird in one of the side pockets would be nice! Cheers!
    Cristóbal, it makes you think. I like it also. Keep shooting!

Thanks guys! I really hope this "thing" of not shooting much goes away soon.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 7, 2015
    Well, my friend, I hope you get out of your dry spell soon. Happens to everyone from time to time, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Now as far as this one goes--it doesn't do much for me. The panels don't change the fact that there's really not much going on in the pic. You might try moving the panels around some, so it's more like one of those arrange-the-numbers puzzles than like looking through a window.

Or not...:D
    edited October 7, 2015
    You can always take some moon shots!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    At first glance, Cristóbal, this shot draws me in but, as Richard noted, there is not much going on that sustains that interest.

The " dry spell blues " is a malady that sets in on most of us periodically. I used to try and shoot my way out of it. I finally discovered that, for me, the best regimen for recovery is to simply walk away from photography for a spell. I've got enough other interests going on that absorbs whatever creativity I have and when I drift back to shooting I can approach it with renewed vigor.

Take care buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    You can always take some moon shots!

rolleyes1.gifclapwings.gifbow
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    thanks for the kind words and encouragement clap.gif
    edited October 8, 2015
    Cristóbal, to be honest, as has been stated above, everyone who is serious about photography experiences the same episodes as you describe. Call it photographer's block, slump, dry period or "fill in the blank" it is something that just comes along periodically. Ideas and opportunities just seem to dry up. For me looking at quality photographs in my spare time and actually keeping my camera around more than usual seems to help. That "Kodak moment" you are looking for sometimes occurs during your daily routine when you least expect it. With your eye and talent I can promise, for you, this will not last very long. Hang in there my friend!