Science

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
edited October 5, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
FD3_7166-Edit-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2015
    Wow! What a cool Shot! Seems you had your camera with you when you were abducted by aliens! Good job!
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Wow! What a cool Shot! Seems you had your camera with you when you were abducted by aliens! Good job!
    Thanks, man! :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    Very cool. thumb.gif
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2015
    Joel,

I have been there in the past and don't a single image that compares to this one. Well done. clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2015
    Joel, nicely done. This one has it all...repeating patterns, colors, beautiful lines, great composition and an interesting subject as well. I like the way you blunted the distraction of the four large flood lights! Very effective.
    Regards!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Very cool. thumb.gif
    Thanks, Richard!
    Sam wrote: »
    Joel,

I have been there in the past and don't a single image that compares to this one. Well done. clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
    Thanks, Sam! See my processing description below.
    Joel, nicely done. This one has it all...repeating patterns, colors, beautiful lines, great composition and an interesting subject as well. I like the way you blunted the distraction of the four large flood lights! Very effective.
    Regards!
    Thanks, Wayne! Yeah, the muting of floodlights was a big win, but nothing that I did explicitly. The processing of this photo was essentially a one-click global adjustment gone horribly wrong. It was a two-frame blend and I was trying different blending modes. This one was the difference blending mode. Voila. Surprised the heck out of me.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2015
    Lucky is good too. :D

Sam
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,180 moderator
    edited October 5, 2015
    Cool image! Very psychedelic.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2015
    Regards!

I agree, exceptional shot! clap.gif