Options

Blue hour abstact sunset, Intentional Camera Movement

CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
edited October 2, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Here is my experimentation with intentional camera movement to create an abstract. This is a view of the southern sky from my balcony at sunset, or just after. I would love some C&C on the technique, and I welcome examples of your work or links to tutorials.

IMG_3269-2-X2.jpg

IMG_3271-2-X2.jpg

IMG_3273-2-X2.jpg

In the photos above I pushed the blue a little, now having second thoughts about it. Here are the originals. I need a reality check for color.

IMG_3269-X2.jpg

IMG_3271-X2.jpg

IMG_3273-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2015
    Carter, I love the way you are experimenting with the camera, doing what the rules say "Don't do that!".
    It inspires me to start thinking out of the box more. To move out of my comfort zone. Thank you.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited September 29, 2015
    Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2015
    Carter! WOW!!! clap.gifclapclap.gifclap I love these...

I would try tighter crops on #1 and #3 to isolate the movement. Great idea and execution!
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2015
    Thanks for the cropping suggestion. In the current crop I was going for a lot of negative space, so that the "arcs of motion" would have a surprise effect. Like, "this is a picture of nothing. Now wait, I see some energy here." I may try a tighter crop, and maybe even a 1x1 ratio. Thanks for your help!