Options

Thinking about food

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited October 6, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_4796C4-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2015
    What a concept! One of my favorite shots! Hope food won!clap.gifclapclap.gifivarbowdown.giflust
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    What a concept! One of my favorite shots! Hope food won!clap.gifclapclap.gifivarbowdown.giflust

Taz, much appreciated. My local photography club has a "Food" theme this month and I just wanted to do something different.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2015
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2015
    Fine work, Wayne, Your images are getting better and better at a rapid rate.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Brilliant.
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Fine work, Wayne, Your images are getting better and better at a rapid rate.

Jo, Don, your comments are very encouraging. Thank you. The lighting might be a little harsh but I'm new at this "studio" lighting thing. I used a regular desk lamb above to warm the board just a little and two off camera SB800 flashes with soft diffusers.

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    Interesting concept and I prefer this take on it rather than the other shots - probably because of the fact that white's hand is on a piece /getting ready to move.

However,the devil is in the detail ...and so I wonder how black's (black sq piece on white sq) bishop got to the position shown?

Re the 'drifting of mind' aspect - maybe considering changing just a single piece into an item of food, where the strategic position of the pieces makes it obvious that that piece alone has to be moved...as well as having a hand on it, might emphasise the way concentration isn't what it should be?

pp

Also unlikely that kings /queens be as shown at this stage of the game,too,methinks?
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2015
    Interesting concept and I prefer this take on it rather than the other shots - probably because of the fact that white's hand is on a piece /getting ready to move.

However,the devil is in the detail ...and so I wonder how black's (black sq piece on white sq) bishop got to the position shown?

Re the 'drifting of mind' aspect - maybe considering changing just a single piece into an item of food, where the strategic position of the pieces makes it obvious that that piece alone has to be moved...as well as having a hand on it, might emphasise the way concentration isn't what it should be?

pp

Also unlikely that kings /queens be as shown at this stage of the game,too,methinks?

Paul, you caught me!!! I was hoping no one would notice that the dark squared bishop somehow got out of position during the shoot. It was one of the first things I noticed. I was trying to develop a simple King's e4 opening for the shot and the bishop somehow decided to move one square ahead. I guess he figured if white was going to use food to play...then what the heck!
    I really appreciate that you took the time to render your thoughtful opinion. After I looked at the first shot for awhile I began to think of it as a "silly" shot that was rather elementary. I was concerned that the other members of the club would grade it as a elementary attempt to portray a goofy idea.
    Thus, the back to the drawing board efforts and the second shot you also kindly took time to consider. In addition, the topic of the speaker this week at the meeting is "Post Processing"! I thought if I developed the idea a little further, well...the result is on display.
    I am very appreciative of your input and honestly, I'm beginning to feel much the same.
    I visit your website intermittently and want to tell you your wildlife shots are outstanding!bowdown.gif
    Paul, thanks again. It means a great deal.
    Regards!!