journal style and image sizes

J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited November 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a guestbook page in my nav bar as well as a featured gallery, both using forced JOURNAL style and largest size file is set to MEDIUM. When a guest goes to either of these galleries and selects an image, it shows the default largest size I selected (in this case MEDIUM), but it still allows for other sizes to be selected, i.e. small, medium, large, original. I have "show originals" turned off and largest size shown set to MEDIUM. If they select original are they actually seeing the original file or just a larger MEDIUM size? Does this make sense? I only want them to be able to see what I selected as the largest size, in this case, MEDIUM. :scratch
John "J.T."
http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    J.T. wrote:
    I have a guestbook page in my nav bar as well as a featured gallery, both using forced JOURNAL style and largest size file is set to MEDIUM. When a guest goes to either of these galleries and selects an image, it shows the default largest size I selected (in this case MEDIUM), but it still allows for other sizes to be selected, i.e. small, medium, large, original. I have "show originals" turned off and largest size shown set to MEDIUM. If they select original are they actually seeing the original file or just a larger MEDIUM size? Does this make sense? I only want them to be able to see what I selected as the largest size, in this case, MEDIUM. headscratch.gif
    Take a look here and switch them to an html type gallery. You can use any
    size photo you want and it's not clickable. Holler back if you need any help.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Take a look here and switch them to an html type gallery. You can use any
    size photo you want and it's not clickable. Holler back if you need any help.

Allen, I may try this switch, but in regards to my original thread, is a guest actually viewing an original or large size file if they select that, when in fact I selected NO to ORIGINALS and largest size displayed set to MEDIUM?
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    J.T. wrote:
    Allen, I may try this switch, but in regards to my original thread, is a guest actually viewing an original or large size file if they select that, when in fact I selected NO to ORIGINALS and largest size displayed set to MEDIUM?
    No, they are not. We have set the system up smartly, so that if you allow today /Original for example, and you pass out that link - and in the future, you limit the size to /Medium, the links will still work, for /Original, only it will show you the Medium size :)
  • J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    No, they are not. We have set the system up smartly, so that if you allow today /Original for example, and you pass out that link - and in the future, you limit the size to /Medium, the links will still work, for /Original, only it will show you the Medium size :)

Thanks Andy! Works for me.
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600